• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
germanwing

Tootoo called up

Rate this topic

Kindl will be watching the game from the pressbox tomorrow.

Kronner-E

Dekeyser-Smith

Quincey-Lashoff

Has this been confirmed anywhere? Because Khan's article says Babcock will decide tomorrow.

If it's just your hope or opinion that's fine, but you need to make it clear in your post that's the case. If it's an actual fact then it needs to be confirmed with a link from a reputable source.

Lines @ today's practice (per Khan):

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Jurco

Sheahan - Helm - Alfredsson

Miller - Anderson - Tatar

Eaves - Glendening - Cleary

Don't see the point in keeping Sheahan up if he's not needed at centre.

Bummer. But this means Tootoo will probably play?

DeKeyser's been cleared and is ready to go for Saturday.

i would think toots would be in, yea.

that's great news about dekeyser though!

also heard Z should be back the first game after christmas.

it'll be nice to get closer to a full lineup

Has this been confirmed anywhere? Because Khan's article says Babcock will decide tomorrow.

If it's just your hope or opinion that's fine, but you need to make it clear in your post that's the case. If it's an actual fact then it needs to be confirmed with a link from a reputable source.

My bad, saw it on bleacher report on a tweet from the "experts" based on what they saw in practice today. Not yet set in stone by Babs. But likely.

What does tats have to do to get into te top six? Sheahan over tats?!

I think thats to add some offensive skill to a bottom 6 consisting of defensive plugs. Just my theory.

That lineup is atrocious. Is Cleary really getting 4th line time over Tootoo? Will Tootoo be a healthy scratch?

Hahaha - yeah, the reason that lineup is atrocious is because of the difference between Cleary and Tootoo.

Don't see the point in keeping Sheahan up if he's not needed at centre.

Probably because he is a first round pick that they need to make a decision on prior to next season.

I'm pretty sure this was a cap move. When someone comes back, someone must go down.

With Weiss on LTIR, that should free up $4.5 million in cap space? Roster size is an issue but I don't think this decision comes down to money anymore.

Babs loves dano, and has no use inside his system for toots. Been this way all season. Unless dano single handedly starts losing us games, he wont b sent down. Its just not going to happen.

This is the truth so Babs needs to shut his trap about playing the best players each night.

With Weiss on LTIR, that should free up $4.5 million in cap space? Roster size is an issue but I don't think this decision comes down to money anymore.

This is absolutely a cap move but there are 2 duds on this team Sammy and Cleary that are taking up 2 roster spots from guys that deserve to be on this team. Just wait until more come back and Jurco gets sent down and Cleary stays..... its going to happen.

This team is pathetically soft. Good luck getting anywhere in the playoffs with a lineup like this.

We are pathetically soft, but I'm not sure what you're basing the no-chance-in-the-playoffs part on. We beat the Ducks in seven games last season with pretty much the same roster, and we took the vastly superior Cup champs to overtime of game seven. And so far this season we've handled the Big Bad Bruins - everyone's pick for the biggest, toughest team in the league - pretty well. And before we let the bigger, tougher, scrappier Leafs back into the game on Saturday, we were handing it to them in pretty much every way, driving the net on our first three goals and such.

Granted, the playoffs are a different animal. But I like our chances in the East. (I believe the West is the much tougher conference, physically and overall.)

Maybe we add a little sandpaper at the trade deadline?

We are pathetically soft, but I'm not sure what you're basing the no-chance-in-the-playoffs part on. We beat the Ducks in seven games last season with pretty much the same roster, and we took the vastly superior Cup champs to overtime of game seven. And so far this season we've handled the Big Bad Bruins - everyone's pick for the biggest, toughest team in the league - pretty well. And before we let the bigger, tougher, scrappier Leafs back into the game on Saturday, we were handing it to them in pretty much every way, driving the net on our first three goals and such.

Granted, the playoffs are a different animal. But I like our chances in the East. (I believe the West is the much tougher conference, physically and overall.)

Maybe we add a little sandpaper at the trade deadline?

I love the amount of skill and finesse this team has, but it needs to be complemented by some snarl. I'm not saying we should convince Peter Worrell to come out of retirement and think that's enough snarl, because ultimately, one-dimensional enforcers dont typically play in the playoffs anyway. There will be plenty of snarl available at the deadline. As it stands right now, I don't see this team being able to physically endure a long postseason. We're too fragile. Look how many players are hurt right now. Granted, every team goes through spells or injuries. We seem to go through a lot of them.

I love the amount of skill and finesse this team has, but it needs to be complemented by some snarl. I'm not saying we should convince Peter Worrell to come out of retirement and think that's enough snarl, because ultimately, one-dimensional enforcers dont typically play in the playoffs anyway. There will be plenty of snarl available at the deadline. As it stands right now, I don't see this team being able to physically endure a long postseason. We're too fragile. Look how many players are hurt right now. Granted, every team goes through spells or injuries. We seem to go through a lot of them.

I actually very much agree with where you're coming from. I'm not really sure why I was disagreeing. I guess I just thought it's a bit much to say we have no chance in the playoffs. But I realize that, in saying that, I'm basically saying we should be happy to make the second round, maybe squeak into the Conference Finals. Which is lame. It should be a Cup-or-bust mentality, so: no disagreement here. We need to get much tougher if we want a real shot at the Cup. Definitely.

If it has to be one guy, I'd like Wayne Simmonds. I'm really into the idea of trading Franzen (and maybe several other pieces) for a genuine power forward. Not that this would really make sense, but could you imagine Simmonds and Tootoo on the same line? Fireworks.