Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Awesome news

#22 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

So my sister asked and I answered, but now I'm not sure...

Does Tootoo have to clear waivers should he be sent down again?  Or, since Alf missed practice with a "possible injury" thus leaving the team with 11 forwards, does this count as an emergency call-up, and does that status change if Alf does play (which I am understanding that he will and missing practice was just due to it being outdoors and was precautionary)?

It took me years to understand the old CBA.  Now I'm a rookie again.  Any help is appreciated.

#23 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

Is this a move just to have a fighter vs Toronto in front of the HBO's cameras? :lol: 

On a serious note,glad he's back.Hope he'll be smarter this time and not to hit just for the sake of doing it and leave the line-mates in trouble.

#24 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

How about we keep Toots up and waive/send down Sammy? he is basically a healthy scratch every game anyways.

#25 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

How about we keep Toots up and waive/send down Sammy? he is basically a healthy scratch every game anyways.

Sammy is over 35 so even if he clears waiver his cap doesn't provide much relief... around 1K but I'm not sure.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#26 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

I really hope Kenny finds a way to get rid of Sammy. The further the season goes along, the less he'd cost a team (especially if we retain salary) He can only submit a list of teams he wouldn't go to, so theoretically a deal could be made. Here's hoping :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#27 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

glad he is back! In for Sammy...we need Cleary to sit too!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#28 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hopefully Babs will give him the ol' Bob Hartley talking to.

works every time

#29 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

Sammy is over 35 so even if he clears waiver his cap doesn't provide much relief... around 1K but I'm not sure.

Screw the cap, we just want him gone.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,610 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

The "Leino Lounge" now the "Sammy Suite".

Too soon?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Screw the cap, we just want him gone.

esteef

Me too !!!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#32 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Everyone wants Sammy gone. Well maybe not the guy that signed him.......

#33 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,453 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Toot alors!!  :w00t:

I think his energy can only be a good thing.  I know he's very happy right now, and will play his butt off to stay up with the Wings.

Now, selfishly, I wanted to see him in January, when the Griffs are here in Austin for two games, but I will sacrifice my wishes to have Toots bring it for the Wings. 

Woohoo, 22!!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#34 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Certainly would have liked to see Eaves and Tootoo remain with the Red Wings all along, but hopefully both show enough in this opportunity to replace the likes of Samuelsson and Cleary namely when healthy bodies get back. 

This team desperately needs a spark and something to get them engaged through this rough stretch. Tootoo should provide that at least. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#35 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'm glad Tootoo is back but why is Sammy the 1st we want gone? I think Dan the Man is a much worse player than Sammy, and he should be the 1st to go. After you can choose Sammy/Miller I really don't care.

Edited by ben_usmc, 18 December 2013 - 09:42 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#36 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

esteef

Edited by esteef, 18 December 2013 - 10:57 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#37 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

We all know which players need to be gone...it just sucks that when our hurt are mended, the same guys will be going back to GR because there will be no cap room again and Lord knows that Bert, Sammy, Cleary and Q just have to be on this team the rest of the season...

Glad Tootoo is back up, he deserves to be here.  Wonder what would have happened had Tootoo been player when Datsyuk got his elbow....hmmmm....

I really enjoy watching the kids play, unfortunate that they will have to go back.  If Holland could somehow grow a set and just do whatever it takes to get rid of the dead weight.  I know Sammy would have to give a list a teams he won't go to, but just tell him, submit the teams because you are being traded or being sent to the minors to rot.  Sure the cap relief would be small, but I'd much rather have Tootoo or Eaves here than Sammy.  Same goes with Cleary, just waive him right now, I don't care if he plays in GR or not, the roster spot is more valuable!

I would much rather have Tootoo, Eaves Nyquist, Tatar and Ouellet in the lineup over Bertuzzi, Sammy, Cleary or Quincey.  I hope an "injury" per say comes up for some LTIR relief from Sammy AND Cleary! That way Tootoo can stay. 

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#38 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

esteef

Good fight for 22.

He fought a guy twice on the Admirals last Saturday.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#39 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

This is like a Christmas present from the Detroit Red Wings to me.

#40 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

We all know which players need to be gone...it just sucks that when our hurt are mended, the same guys will be going back to GR because there will be no cap room again and Lord knows that Bert, Sammy, Cleary and Q just have to be on this team the rest of the season...

Glad Tootoo is back up, he deserves to be here.  Wonder what would have happened had Tootoo been player when Datsyuk got his elbow....hmmmm....

I really enjoy watching the kids play, unfortunate that they will have to go back.  If Holland could somehow grow a set and just do whatever it takes to get rid of the dead weight.  I know Sammy would have to give a list a teams he won't go to, but just tell him, submit the teams because you are being traded or being sent to the minors to rot.  Sure the cap relief would be small, but I'd much rather have Tootoo or Eaves here than Sammy.  Same goes with Cleary, just waive him right now, I don't care if he plays in GR or not, the roster spot is more valuable!

I would much rather have Tootoo, Eaves Nyquist, Tatar and Ouellet in the lineup over Bertuzzi, Sammy, Cleary or Quincey.  I hope an "injury" per say comes up for some LTIR relief from Sammy AND Cleary! That way Tootoo can stay. 

I'm sure someone will come in and destroy this with facts of the impossibility.  But preach on brotha preach on!!!!! 

Edited by ben_usmc, 18 December 2013 - 11:47 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s