• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BottleOfSmoke

Engelland suspended 5 games for Abby hit

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

@AnsarKhanMLive: Penguins' Deryk Engelland suspended five games for hit to head on Wings' Justin Abdelkader.

Edit: suspension vid:

@NHLPlayerSafety: Deryk Engelland suspension video: http://t.co/Wtod5SpMcX

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Gotta love the special treatment the Pens always get since they are the league darlings.

Thornton, a first time offender gets an absurd 15 games for a gloved love tap, while the Pens players never seem to get more than 5 games, despite the fact they are repeat offenders for dirty HEAD shots, the thing the league always claims they want to get rid of...

esteef and puckloo39 like this

Gotta love the special treatment the Pens always get since they are the league darlings.

Thornton, a first time offender gets an absurd 15 games for a gloved love tap, while the Pens players never seem to get more than 5 games, despite the fact they are repeat offenders for dirty HEAD shots, the thing the league always claims they want to get rid of...

Thornton was a different situation though... and personally I believe his was similar to how the Bertuzzi-Moore incident went down and that's why they gave it such a harsh suspension.

Here, I didn't know Engelland was a repeat offender... otherwise I would have said fair. Since he's had a 3 game suspension prior, he should now have an 8 game suspension, but that's not how it works over at the department of discipline.

I actually am a bit surprised at 5 games...thought he would get a few but he is not a dirty player AND he plays for Pens. Huh!

I can live with it. It's honestly more than I thought he'd get considering who he plays for.

I'm happy he was suspended but if that warrants 5 games then Neal should have been at least 8.

engelland was at least trying to make a hockey play as opposed to intentionally kneeing someone in the head.

Yeah, 5 games for Neal is a joke but I am sure he will have to answer for that sometime.

Hockeymom1960 likes this