• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Supreme Overlord of Butt Pats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,387 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Penguins' Deryk Engelland suspended five games for hit to head on Wings' Justin Abdelkader.

Edit: suspension vid:

@NHLPlayerSafety: Deryk Engelland suspension video: http://t.co/Wtod5SpMcX

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 18 December 2013 - 03:42 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

Good.  Now let's hope Abby gets better soon.

Money on the board!  Current total: $5

$1 for each goal scored by a current Wing after whom I've named a hamster.  +$5 if one scores a hat trick.

+$1 if a GWG.  +$5 if it is a GWG in a series-winning game.+$50 if it is the GWG that wins us the Cup.

$5 for each time a goalie after whom I've named a hamster prevents all opposing shots from going in the net.

The hamsters names are as follows (current Wings in red)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthieu Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew (Drew) Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#3 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Gotta love the special treatment the Pens always get since they are the league darlings.

Thornton, a first time offender gets an absurd 15 games for a gloved love tap, while the Pens players never seem to get more than 5 games, despite the fact they are repeat offenders for dirty HEAD shots, the thing the league always claims they want to get rid of...

#4 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

Gotta love the special treatment the Pens always get since they are the league darlings.

Thornton, a first time offender gets an absurd 15 games for a gloved love tap, while the Pens players never seem to get more than 5 games, despite the fact they are repeat offenders for dirty HEAD shots, the thing the league always claims they want to get rid of...

Thornton was a different situation though... and personally I believe his was similar to how the Bertuzzi-Moore incident went down and that's why they gave it such a harsh suspension. 

Here, I didn't know Engelland was a repeat offender... otherwise I would have said fair. Since he's had a 3 game suspension prior, he should now have an 8 game suspension, but that's not how it works over at the department of discipline. 

#5 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,821 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

I am shocked that Engelland got anything at all.  It was Abby's fault for getting in the way, apparently.... but whatever.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#6 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,256 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

s***zburgh fan thought Abby lunged with his head into Engelland's shoulder.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#7 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

I actually am a bit surprised at 5 games...thought he would get a few but he is not a dirty player AND he plays for Pens. Huh!

Money on the board-
Five bucks for any Miller, Andy or Glenny goal (and double to 10 bucks for Glenny if it's on the forehand!)
A buck for every Gus and Tatar Tuna goal
Two bucks a shut out....and I think Petey can post a few
And in honour of Marchy saving me from shotputting a bottle through the TV because of a Smith DERP moment, Five bucks for any Marchenko goal!
LETS GO RED WINGS!!!

#8 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,743 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm happy he was suspended but if that warrants 5 games then Neal should have been at least 8. engelland was at least trying to make a hockey play as opposed to intentionally kneeing someone in the head.

#9 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

I can live with it.  It's honestly more than I thought he'd get considering who he plays for.

#10 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm happy he was suspended but if that warrants 5 games then Neal should have been at least 8.

engelland was at least trying to make a hockey play as opposed to intentionally kneeing someone in the head.

Yeah, 5 games for Neal is a joke but I am sure he will have to answer for that sometime.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey ! f*** this league