Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

I wish Tootoo would get more time (6:07) to night.  So glad to have a W

#262 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

I finally got a score prediction correct!

Posted Image

#263 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

I wish Tootoo would get more time (6:07) to night.  So glad to have a W

Agreed! I want him 12-14 mins....Too much penalty killing added to his low minutes BUT I still think Babs thinks 4-8 minutes is just fine. Turn him loose and let him hit chip and create. That 4th line stood out tonight.

#264 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

Finally we won a Game in Overtime. Thank you #11 for this Win. And my 27th Birthday on Saturday. So I hope my Team can Win on my Birthday VS the Maple Leafs. I wish Steve Yzerman came out of Retirement like #66 did. I know that won't happen. Maybe Detroit can make a Trade with Tampa? Steve Yzerman for Ken Holland? The First ever GM Trade in NHL History wouldn't that be great? Bring back Steve Yzerman! All in all are Team played great Finally. Some Goals we should have had. Joking Ken Holland lol. 

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 20 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#265 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

Went to the game tonight, glad the Wings got the 2 points! Let's keep it up going into 2014 boys!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#266 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:01 AM

We needed this W badly!

#267 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

It was against Calgary, but we actually looked like ourselves tonight.

#268 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

I'm glad the Wings proved me wrong. Missed the game but glad they got the 2 points. Sort of a reverse of fortunes finally to end the losing skid. Let's see if they can win some games now...getting guys back healthy will definitely help.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 20 December 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#269 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Kronwall makes WAY too many bad plays to be considered a top pair defensemen.

So does Subban.  So does Doughty.  So does Campbell.  So does Letang.  Shall I keep the names coming of top pairing Dmen with worse issues than Kronwall?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#270 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Pavel, Alfie and Monster were fantastic tonight. More then anyone, those 3 stepped up and got us a win.

A few other notes:

- Kindl, yes not Cleary, but Kindl was by FAR the worst Red Wings player on the ice. He played the worst game I have seen him play in a long time. Every single time he touched the puck, he turned it over. He had about 3 fantastic scoring chances and either missed the net or waited too long and had it blocked. I have no idea how Babcock can continue to play Kindl on the PP unit. He is just awful in every respect, especially to have actually played a worse game then Dan Cleary.

- I thought Smith had a great game. He made some great defensive plays tying sticks up in front, and he moved the puck very well. I am still wondering why Babs won't play Smitty on the PP over Kindl.

- Bert looked energized out there, winning many puck battles which was nice to see.

- I thought Anderson, Jurco and Tatar all had solid games.

- Last, but not least, how about the play of Patrick Eaves.I loved him before he was sent down, and now I don't want him to be sent down. And I swear Tootoo should always play because the guy creates energy in the building every single shift that he plays. Stupid Sammy, Cleary and Quincy contracts.

#271 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:13 AM

Kronwall makes WAY too many bad plays to be considered a top pair defensemen.

Shockingly, not every top pairing can have Nicklas Lidstrom playing on it. As you apparently do not remember from the examples of Brian Rafalski and Mathieu Schneider (and even Ian White), playing alongside Lidstrom could make anyone look nigh-on flawless; and, of course, Lidstrom was flawless himself.

Perspective, man.

#272 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:54 AM

How good does that feel?

Just watched the highlights on NHL.com - Datsyuk, Datsyuk, Datsyuk, Datsyuk, Aldredsson, Datsyuk, Datsyuk, Alfredsson.

:)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#273 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

YES FINALLY WE BEAT A TEAM...BUT THEY'RE 13TH IN THE WEST....and we couldn't do it in regulation...

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#274 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

Good to finally get a win it's been way too long. Alfie had a fantastic game.

#275 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

Wings end the skid 3-2.

You're smart

Alfie from Dats for the winner anyone?

You are too

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#276 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

YES FINALLY WE BEAT A TEAM...BUT THEY'RE 13TH IN THE WEST....and we couldn't do it in regulation...

agreed.  we are so far from out of the woods yet.  lotsa players coming back after christmas which is amazing.  at least we only have a couple of more games for most of these guys to miss.

naked is a state of mind

#277 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

I guess Pittsburgh is missing 9 regulars and have won 5 of 6. That stings a little. But hey, we finally won and that's great. I hope Tootoo can somehow stay up but that would require some cap movement, I think.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#278 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

I guess Pittsburgh is missing 9 regulars and have won 5 of 6. That stings a little. But hey, we finally won and that's great. I hope Tootoo can somehow stay up but that would require some cap movement, I think.

I think it's more about the quantity combined with the quality of regulars that we're missing. If they were missing their captain and 5 of the other top 9 forwards they'd be struggling too. If we had Z back we wouldn't be struggling so much etc. Lets say we're missing Bert, Sammy, Cleary, Andy, Miller, Tatar, Gus, Q, Kindl, Lashoff, Weiss. That's 10 regulars and Sammy and we wouldn't be doing as bad as if we lost Pav, Z and say Nyquist. It's not necessarily about quantity as much as it is about quality. We're missing a lot of quality players.

Edited by nawein, 20 December 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#279 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,618 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

if not for Cleary and Sammy, Eaves and Tootoo would be here permanently. Sadly, when the injuries subside, they will be the ones to be sent back down...even though we are a better team with them. Holland knows it, Babcock knows it, but their hands are tied with the old losers...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#280 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

if not for Cleary and Sammy, Eaves and Tootoo would be here permanently. Sadly, when the injuries subside, they will be the ones to be sent back down...even though we are a better team with them. Holland knows it, Babcock knows it, but their hands are tied with the old losers...

So, are you saying that through bad contracts and short sightedness the team has been forced into cutting guys loose that they'd rather not, and playing guys they'd usually not? 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."