• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Darryl Sutter's take on the Penalty Box.

Rate this topic

From an owner's standpoint, he's got a point. You could have the bad boy sit in Pierre's spot or in the dressing room tunnel (until right before the penalty expires) or you could have smaller boxes since we still need a place for the Men in Blac...er, Suits.

On the other hand, I sat next to the visitor's penalty box once at a Wild/Red Wings game and it was the thrill of my existence to be that close to Pavel, Hank, Meech, and Drapes. It's a grand tradition of the game.

I don't think anything will come of his comments, unless the boxes are just made smaller, but it's not the dumbest idea hockey has ever seen <coughinstigatorcough>.

From an owner's standpoint, he's got a point. You could have the bad boy sit in Pierre's spot or in the dressing room tunnel (until right before the penalty expires) or you could have smaller boxes since we still need a place for the Men in Blac...er, Suits.

On the other hand, I sat next to the visitor's penalty box once at a Wild/Red Wings game and it was the thrill of my existence to be that close to Pavel, Hank, Meech, and Drapes. It's a grand tradition of the game.

I don't think anything will come of his comments, unless the boxes are just made smaller, but it's not the dumbest idea hockey has ever seen <coughinstigatorcough>.

I agree it's not the dumbest, but it's up there.

I think instead of the penalty box we should suspend players in the air and lower them when penalty expires.

I think when guys get really fired up after a fight or nasty hit etc. it is better to take them to the box to cool down. The bench is too close to the opposing team's bench in those situations. Also I always liked the idea of the "shame" a player feels when he skates back to the bench from the penalty box when the opposing team converts a PP.

Also I'd like to see the extra revenue generated by a couple seats... I would guess it would be a drop in the pond.

I think when guys get really fired up after a fight or nasty hit etc. it is better to take them to the box to cool down. The bench is too close to the opposing team's bench in those situations. Also I always liked the idea of the "shame" a player feels when he skates back to the bench from the penalty box when the opposing team converts a PP.

Also I'd like to see the extra revenue generated by a couple seats... I would guess it would be a drop in the pond.

We could always put opposing teams fans in the penalty box and throw peanuts at them like at the zoo.

Edited by wings87

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/la-kings-coach-who-needs-penalty-boxes-get-rid-of-them-122013

I hope he was kidding, if not he just sounds like a blubbering fool.

Suter is hilarious. He might look like he belongs in The Goonies, and sound like an incoherent fool, but the way he constantly trolls the media is genius.

I'd love to see him replace Babs in a few years, just for the lolz.