• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadian wings fan

Your favourite Red Wings misfit of all time

Rate this topic

Easily Mikael Samulsson.

He drives you insane game after game, then he does stuff like this and forces everyone to choke down some crow for a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xO_57ZN4Oo

Then he drives you insane for another year, then does stuff like this and forces you to choke down some more crow.

He's been trolling us for a while has our Sammy

Edited by Nev

Sammy for sure, for the reason Nev stated.

I was watching the SCF with a Michigan friend who is only a casual fan. When Sammy got the puck, I complained that they had given it to him and expounded on how he was the Shinguard Assassin/Logo Hunter.

Then he scored, and I announced that it was a fluke. Before I'd gotten the egg off my face, he scored again. I gave myself over to him, allowing myself to be sucked forever into the vortex that is Sammy.

Too bad that isn't the only thing involving Sammy that's sucked.

Steve, get your mind out of the gutter.

Lilja. He would follow up terrible play with shockingly amazing play. Despite this, he was always a likable guy.

Hey, remember when Lebda was our number one defenseman and he was actually really good at it during a long injury streak?

I don't know about being a misfit, but I always loved Andreas Lilja. And though he never made it on the Wings, how could you not have loved Darryl Bootland? What a riot he was!

Lilja. He would follow up terrible play with shockingly amazing play. Despite this, he was always a likable guy.

Definate HM to Lilja. Somewhere around 2008 he went from whipping boy to cult hero, I think in large part due to GMR's relentless promotion of him as the Pain Train, possessor of the most fearsome pair of fists since Bob Probert.

But in all seriousness he was a realgud shot blocker and PKer, we could really have done with him in the 2009 finals.

"Of All Time"... yet your list ignores the first 70 years of Red Wings Hockey.

Sean Avery has to rank high on that list. Biggest DB in Wings history, if not NHL history.

Tony McKegney was a locker room cancer and lasted only 14 games here. He was acquired with Bernie Federko in exchange for Adam Oates and Paul MacLean in what was one of the 2 worst trades in team history.

Samuelsson... in addition to previous posts, last year, while injured off-and-on, he wouldn't skate with the team, and somewhere there's a Babcock quote floating around that says "he just doesn't fit in here" or something to that effect.

Hey, remember when Lebda was our number one defenseman and he was actually really good at it during a long injury streak?

Lebda was never better than Lids, he may have been a number two dman for that stretch but not number 1