• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadian wings fan

Your favourite Red Wings misfit of all time

Rate this topic

Uwe Krupp? Or maybe Max Kuznetsov? At least he could translate English to Russian for Pasha in his rookie season, so he did serve a purpose.

And yet he had not one, but two stints with us.

I know.... I'm sure if my pets spoke English they'd think my term was his actual name. My wife was amused by it. She's not a big hockey fan, but she thought he was absolutely terrible.

all time misfit....Ken Holland! With all those lovely quotes he uses every draft, July 1st, throughout the season and trade deadline! He builds you up just to knock you down, you play the fool while he plays the clown! In the end, he kicked the tires and made some offers, but he likes our team!

Jason Williams, Boyd Devereaux, Cujo (he got fudged), Tootoo (he hes getting fudged) Cleary + Sammy This year/Last year, Leino, Grigorenko, Calder, Cross, (This thread should be Ken Hollands screw ups)..... Most successful/loved misfit? Sergei Fedorov.

I was thinking someone like McCarty. I guess when I hear misfit I think of that kind of person. I don't think this was a thread about who the worst wings player or worst trade was, I think this was about who our favourite little trouble maker was

When you first mentioned misfit, my first reaction was Howie Young. But, according to the definition that is evolving in this discussion, he wouldn't qualify.

Before Probert, before McCarty, before just about anybody else, there was Howard John Edward Young.

NHL president Clarence Campbell called Howie Young “"the worst detriment to the NHL to ever lace up a pair of skates." Frank Sinatra simply called him “Howie baby.”

It's easily Robert Lang. He underachieved his entire time with the Wings, and the fans were constantly on him. Anyone remember "He's lazy and he sucks"?

Just for scoring against San Hosay with the goalie pulled exonerates him for me.

Besides, the Wings ruined his chances of an Art Ross trophy in 2004.

Easily Mikael Samulsson.

He drives you insane game after game, then he does stuff like this and forces everyone to choke down some crow for a while

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xO_57ZN4Oo

Then he drives you insane for another year, then does stuff like this and forces you to choke down some more crow.

He's been trolling us for a while has our Sammy

Sorry lol I had to bring this up again. This was an amazing freaking performance by Sammy