• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/21 GDT: Red Wings 5 @ Maple Leafs 4 (SO, yes, SO)

Rate this topic

Another thing: How great was Jurco's goal? You've got the power-forward thing where he dumps Franson in the corner. Then you've got the sniper thing where he disappears, slips out of the play as the puck goes to the point. But he never really disappears, the Leafs just suck at defense and don't notice he's going to the net, like a boss.

Kid (and he literally is a kid) is a stud.

Another thing: How great was Jurco's goal? You've got the power-forward thing where he dumps Franson in the corner. Then you've got the sniper thing where he disappears, slips out of the play as the puck goes to the point. But he never really disappears, the Leafs just suck at defense and don't notice he's going to the net, like a boss.

Kid (and he literally is a kid) is a stud.

He looks awesome but too bad that with our cap issues he'll probably turn into the next Nyquist.

He looks awesome but too bad that with our cap issues he'll probably turn into the next Nyquist.

I'm totally fine with him going back down, because that's where he should be. Whereas Nyquist had absolutely nothing left to prove there and was cheated out of something he'd definitely earned.

I'm totally fine with him going back down, because that's where he should be. Whereas Nyquist had absolutely nothing left to prove there and was cheated out of something he'd definitely earned.

Let me clarify I didn't mean this year, I meant when it's his time to play in Detroit.

This was a very entertaining hockey game; a great way to set up the Classic.

- Pavel should have had two goals today... The Leafs player pushed the net so Pavel was 100% correct that should have been a goal.

- I thought the refs let the Leafs get away with a lot more then the Wings, however that was because the nhl refs these days are told to ref based on the score of the game, which is retarded.

Aside from that, I thought the team played fantastic. My best friend is a Leafs fan and we talked after the game about Danny Dekeyser, and he even said that, besides the miscue that led to the Leafs goal, you could absolutely not tell at all that he had missed over a month of action. He looked great out there tonight in pretty much all aspects. I knew he would be good defensively off the bat, but he seemed even MORE confident offensively tonight. I mean, he was shooting the puck every chance he got and making great plays to keep the zone. One thing is for sure... he looked WAY better playing the point on the PP then Kindl!

Also, Pavel and Alfie continue to provide great leadership and Kronners quietly put together a solid, solid game. For anyone that ever rags on him, I ask you to look at his cheap salary and what he brings to the table for this team on a nightly basis and then realize how lucky we are.

I love watching the young guys play, but at the same time I am very excited to have our near full team playing by the end of next week. Kudos to Mike Babcock and the coaching staff for the way that they have handled all of these injuries and were able to rally the team tonight to get us a W.

The CBC has broadcast teams that tend to cover one or two teams rather than them all. Interesting reply though, my point is simple the CBC is no more biased than any broadcast crew. But a lot of folks around here seem to think other broadcast crews should gush all over their Red Wings, which is simply foolish.

It is not foolish, everyone should gush all over the wings. It's a scientific fact

So if Weiss goes on LTIR, can the Wings keep Jurco, Tatar, and Nyquist in the lineup? The kids are showing up and it makes that a lot of fun watching the Wings now.

Tatar and Nyquist have spots now, regardless. But Jurco looks like he’s ready to be an impact player. It will be very interesting to see what happens to him when the team gets healthy.

Ahhh, a shoot-out win, and suddenly everything is right with the world :)

Seriously, back to back HUGE wins. Had to break the losing streak against Calgary, had to keep it up against the Leafs and get that damn shoot-out monkey off our backs.

Unreal save bythe monster, I for sure thought ok that's it another loss but then he comes up with something like that, wow.

I've questioned Jurco work ethic before but seeing how hard he has worked makes me think, maybe he is finally over that the kid has sick hands thats for sure.

Reading recaps of the game and such, I find one of the general messages is that these teams are very evenly matched. Which may be true, but I'd like us to have Zetterberg, Nyquist, Helm, Franzen, Abdelkader (and Howard) (and Weiss) healthy in a game against them before that call is made.

I love reading these after the games. It's so funny.

It's all happy, then doom gloom and conspiracy theories of the refs. Then we go to the omfgs this team is the sucks lols.

To everyone being happy again, it's truest insane I love it

Great win [OK not "great" but very necessary]. Hope we can enjoy Xmas dinner with a 3 game win streak after tomorrow's game vs. The Isle.

Gotta tell ya, my phone has been very very very silent with nary a text from any of my Leaf fan friends. If we would've lost, i'd probably be up on charges this morning. Had one friend tell me he paid $480 a seat !!!! That L looks good on Toronto. Very happy this morning.

The CBC has broadcast teams that tend to cover one or two teams rather than them all. Interesting reply though, my point is simple the CBC is no more biased than any broadcast crew. But a lot of folks around here seem to think other broadcast crews should gush all over their Red Wings, which is simply foolish.

No, they shouldn't have their own guys on a national broadcast. Glen Healy shouldn't be trashing the Wings all game and cheering for everything the Leafs are doing. The announcing should be 100% unbiased.

Reading recaps of the game and such, I find one of the general messages is that these teams are very evenly matched. Which may be true, but I'd like us to have Zetterberg, Nyquist, Helm, Franzen, Abdelkader (and Howard) (and Weiss) healthy in a game against them before that call is made.

Toronto overachieved in the beginning of the season. The give up tons of shots against, they have the most giveaways in the league, they have awful center depth... even when they were winning a lot there were many people who said it wasn't going to hold up. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they end up missing the playoffs as there are some teams starting to heat up while the Leafs look like they're out of luck.

Wings are easily a better team when at full strength.

Toronto overachieved in the beginning of the season. The give up tons of shots against, they have the most giveaways in the league, they have awful center depth... even when they were winning a lot there were many people who said it wasn't going to hold up. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they end up missing the playoffs as there are some teams starting to heat up while the Leafs look like they're out of luck.

Wings are easily a better team when at full strength.

They are missing their top two centers and despite Phaneuf the defense just isn't that good but they are still too good for not making the playoffs. They will and they are going to be one of the teams I would not like to face.

No, they shouldn't have their own guys on a national broadcast. Glen Healy shouldn't be trashing the Wings all game and cheering for everything the Leafs are doing. The announcing should be 100% unbiased.

It's a Canadian, specifically a Leafs broadcast... Get over yourself. The Red Wings broadcasts are biased I don't see you complaining about that.

2 wins in a row and we celebrate like they just won the cup.....

i am hoping for a nice streak and some of the regulars back....

After getting bitchslapped by Pittsburgh and Anaheim, any points we get with this line-up are just gravy.