Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

12/21 GDT: Red Wings 5 @ Maple Leafs 4 (SO, yes, SO)

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#381 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

We won a shootout! I'm gonna go outside and see if there are any pigs flying.

But seriously I'm so used to Pav not scoring in the shootout this year that I had a delayed reaction thinking he missed.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#382 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

wow 5 goals?!

thats a helleva line tats sheahan juro

it feels good to win. welcome back D

#383 cupforwings

cupforwings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

We outshot them and had a 3-1 lead.  That's how I look at it with my pessimism.  We should have had a regulation win.    

Do you realize who is on our team right now? Or more importantly, who is not playing right now? lol.  There is zero reason to pessimistic after this win. Great game!

#384 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

wow 5 goals?!

thats a helleva line tats sheahan juro

it feels good to win. welcome back D

Most dominant line of the night?

Will probably be broken up next game which sucks.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#385 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

A few things:

1. Terrible officiating

2. Pavel effin Datsyuk

3. Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar  (future’s bright)  :blind:

Edited by rick zombo, 21 December 2013 - 10:27 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#386 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

Do you realize who is on our team right now? Or more importantly, who is not playing right now? lol.  There is zero reason to pessimistic after this win. Great game!

Because of the win the good definitely outweighed the bad. But to completely discount the bad is also a mistake.

#387 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

GMR is always pessimistic. It's cool. :D
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#388 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Kessel has scoring ability but man was he non existent tonight, so nonexistent that I think I heard his name mentioned once.

#389 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

We won a shootout! I'm gonna go outside and see if there are any pigs flying.
But seriously I'm so used to Pav not scoring in the shootout this year that I had a delayed reaction thinking he missed.

I thought he did too due to the way the announcer kinda gave a half assed goal call
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#390 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

Good win.  I liked it more because I was able to drink another beer due to overtime.  

Winter Classic will be fun to watch with these two teams.

#391 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

The CBC announcers can go piss on themselves somewhere in North Saskatchewan.    

They were absolutely brutal.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#392 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

My Detroit Red Wings Won on my 27th Birthday today and I couldn't be happier thank you Red Wings!! I Got to Watch the 3RD Period OT-Shootout. 

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 21 December 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#393 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

They were absolutely brutal.

par for the course with CBC and any Canadian team.

#394 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

I posted that before our shootout win, though.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#395 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

How big is Monster's paddle save on Phaneuf? He doesn't make that (disgustingly awesome) save and I bet we lose.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#396 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:16 PM

That was an amazing game. Most entertaining one of our season so far imo. We dominated the first half, then somehow let them back in it (Gus was a bit shaky), but just got back to it and started playing and managed to get the extra point. 

Speechless at how great Jurco is. Ken Holland has a chance to redeem himself by finding a way to keep him up even when we're all healthy. Kid's got moves, but I'm mostly impressed by how solid he is in his fundamentals. Taking his responsibilites defensively (the assist was a perfect example), doesn't look outmatched physically, seems to know when he can pull out some moves and when he needs to keep it simple. 

For someone who has never been impressed by Sheahan, the guy raised my eyebrows tonight. He looked strong on the puck and made good plays all game long. Maybe he has a future for the Wings after all. 

Had a good feeling going into the shootout. Sooner or later we had to get it done and you could see from the reaction of the team that it wasn't just an ordinary win. This was big for them. 

#397 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

par for the course with CBC and any Canadian team.

I'm really confused as to why LGWers hate the CBC abnouncers so much... They call a great game, every bit as good as Ken and Mick. However, they focus more on the Canadian team than the wings. Which is to be expected since that's the market they are catering to. And by the way it's exactly what Ken and Mick do, the only difference... You don't notice them preaching cause you're in the choir.

#398 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Ozzie with the SO win prediction. This in no way could backfire. 

Osgoodamus!
Posted Image

#399 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,831 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

I'm really confused as to why LGWers hate the CBC abnouncers so much... They call a great game, every bit as good as Ken and Mick. However, they focus more on the Canadian team than the wings. Which is to be expected since that's the market they are catering to. And by the way it's exactly what Ken and Mick do, the only difference... You don't notice them preaching cause you're in the choir.

Ken and Mickey represent the Wings only, not an entire country's broadcasting.  I'd expect a little less bias from CBC.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#400 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ken and Mickey represent the Wings only, not an entire country's broadcasting.  I'd expect a little less bias from CBC.    

The CBC has broadcast teams that tend to cover one or two teams rather than them all. Interesting reply though, my point is simple the CBC is no more biased than any broadcast crew. But a lot of folks around here seem to think other broadcast crews should gush all over their Red Wings, which is simply foolish.