• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/21 GDT: Red Wings 5 @ Maple Leafs 4 (SO, yes, SO)

Rate this topic

I'd like to see Sheahan some more, I think he provides way more then Andersson does.

Agreed. For some reason I just don't see Andersson as a long term option on the Wings. Sheahan looks to have more in the toolbox to be effective out there. A large part of this is his skating which is much better than Andersson's.

Guest Crymson

When do you EVER see a Canadian team on NBC or Verses, Outdoor Channel, or whatever they call it.

Never, and for perfectly good reason: NBC is an American network and Canadian viewers are not reflected in its viewing audience for purposes of ratings. It therefore would be a nonsensical business decision to air games including Canadian teams.

Agreed. For some reason I just don't see Andersson as a long term option on the Wings. Sheahan looks to have more in the toolbox to be effective out there. A large part of this is his skating which is much better than Andersson's.

Andersson is years better defensively and in the faceoff circle. His chief value lays therein.

Andersson is years better defensively and in the faceoff circle. His chief value lays therein.

Toronto overachieved in the beginning of the season. The give up tons of shots against, they have the most giveaways in the league, they have awful center depth... even when they were winning a lot there were many people who said it wasn't going to hold up. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they end up missing the playoffs as there are some teams starting to heat up while the Leafs look like they're out of luck.

Wings are easily a better team when at full strength.

I agree. I was just trying to be diplomatic. :hehe:

Re: Sheahan Vs. Andersson - I'm thinking Babs will just move one of them to the wing.

Guest Playmaker

Never, and for perfectly good reason: NBC is an American network and Canadian viewers are not reflected in its viewing audience for purposes of ratings. It therefore would be a nonsensical business decision to air games including Canadian teams.

I think that was his point in response to all the shock that CBC is biased towards the Canadian teams. Networks cater to their audience. End of story. I don't get why that's such a big issue.

It's a Canadian, specifically a Leafs broadcast... Get over yourself. The Red Wings broadcasts are biased I don't see you complaining about that.

Get over myself? What are you a high school girl? This isn't about getting over anything, it's about it being a national broadcast, not a Fox Sports Detroit feed that only Wings fans tune into. Huge difference.

I'd like to see Sheahan some more, I think he provides way more then Andersson does.

Anytime I feel like I'm done with Andy he goes and has a great game or couple of games. The guy works hard, you gotta give him that. He reminds me a little bit of Holmstrom in some ways. There's not a lot that stands out about him other than his faceoffs but I think he could carve out a nice career as a 3rd/4th line center. Just not sure it's going to be for the Wings.

Who was the Young guy that shook hands with Holland up in box at the end of the game???????????????

Looked like Ritlola to me - no idea why he would be there though.

As for Sheahan v Andersson. First of all lets give Sheahan a few more games before we hand him the 4C spot. Every rookie looks great until we learn their tendancies and decide they "suck" after all. Secondly we mustn't under-rate Andersson's value on the PK. So many times he wins that first face-off in the defensive zone and the puck gets sent down the ice. Instant 20 seconds killed. Sure, he's slow as molasses, but give him speedy wingers and he can be effective.

Edited by Nev

Guest Crymson

I think that was his point in response to all the shock that CBC is biased towards the Canadian teams. Networks cater to their audience. End of story. I don't get why that's such a big issue.

That's not how it is at all. TSN is never biased against American teams. NBC is never biased against Canadian teams. Of the national broadcasters, only CBC leans.

That's not how it is at all. TSN is never biased against American teams. NBC is never biased against Canadian teams. Of the national broadcasters, only CBC leans.

Nbc is the most biased station especially when the hawks or pens are involved. But yeah cbc is pretty bad too.

Guest Crymson

Nbc is the most biased station especially when the hawks or pens are involved. But yeah cbc is pretty bad too.

Certain NBC broadcast personnel (but not others) are biased toward certain teams, yes, but the network's coverage is not biased along national lines. CBC is quite biased in that regard.