• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

12/21 GDT: Red Wings 5 @ Maple Leafs 4 (SO, yes, SO)

Rate this topic

So what are the odds Jurco stays up? I know we have cap problems, and Helm, Smith, Nyquist, and Tatar had short stints before their call ups. But does anyone think Holland might be in the mood to roll the dice this time, what with so many underperforming?

I bet he goes back down because of the cap but returns for the playoffs. But who knows with injuries.

So what are the odds Jurco stays up? I know we have cap problems, and Helm, Smith, Nyquist, and Tatar had short stints before their call ups. But does anyone think Holland might be in the mood to roll the dice this time, what with so many underperforming?

Waive Cleary, Sammy and Quincey to take whatever cap relief that gets to keep up guys that actually perform like Jurco, Tootoo, Eaves and bring up Ouellet, Almqvist or Sproul if we require a Dman at any point.

I think Jurco will be another case of first line minutes in Grand Rapids vs. fourth line minutes with the Red Wings. Because I don't think Jurco plays in the top-six with everyone healthy.

I expect Jurco to return to Grand Rapids and I'm actually content with that. He can develop more and maybe have a permanent spot next season with veterans off the books.

Nope. Without Don Cherry, there is no Coaches Corner. Don Cherry is awesome and can do whatever he wants and I for one will always be entertained by him.

Did anyone else catch Ron's comment when Grapes tossed the DVD? It was something like "you pulled a Henrik Zetterberg: slipped a disc in the corner"

I think Jurco will be another case of first line minutes in Grand Rapids vs. fourth line minutes with the Red Wings. Because I don't think Jurco plays in the top-six with everyone healthy.

I expect Jurco to return to Grand Rapids and I'm actually content with that. He can develop more and maybe have a permanent spot next season with veterans off the books.

I'd be perfectly happy with our 4th line remaining Tootoo-Sheahan-Jurco right to the Cup finals. ;)

Waive Cleary, Sammy and Quincey to take whatever cap relief that gets to keep up guys that actually perform like Jurco, Tootoo, Eaves and bring up Ouellet, Almqvist or Sproul if we require a Dman at any point.

Odd thing is, Quincey was arguably our best d-man in the playoffs last year. I'd rather wait until we can upgrade before we let Quincey go.

I don't know. In this case, he could learn more playing for the Wings through adversity than for a dominating Griffins squad. Minutes or no.