Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

12/21 GDT: Red Wings 5 @ Maple Leafs 4 (SO, yes, SO)

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#121 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:01 PM

I remember when Datsyuk played with Hull, who showed no emotion when he scored, and it seemed like Pavel followed suit.

I love seeing Pavs get excited now.

Posted Image

#122 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

So what are the odds Jurco stays up? I know we have cap problems, and Helm, Smith, Nyquist, and Tatar had short stints before their call ups. But does anyone think Holland might be in the mood to roll the dice this time, what with so many underperforming?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#123 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

88611-beating-dead-horse-gif-South-P-ZqE

NEVER!

#124 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Anybody just wondering how much tolerance Ron McLean has for dealing with Don Cherry?

Nope.  Without Don Cherry, there is no Coaches Corner.  Don Cherry is awesome and can do whatever he wants and I for one will always be entertained by him.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#125 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

I really like this new wave of Slovaks.I knew about Tatar,but this Jurčo kid seems NHL ready too :)

#126 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Weiss will be LTIR if he has the surgery, that's 5 million prorated and a spot.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#127 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

So what are the odds Jurco stays up? I know we have cap problems, and Helm, Smith, Nyquist, and Tatar had short stints before their call ups. But does anyone think Holland might be in the mood to roll the dice this time, what with so many underperforming?

I bet he goes back down because of the cap but returns for the playoffs.  But who knows with injuries.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#128 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Waive Cleary, Sammy and Quincey to take whatever cap relief that gets to keep up guys that actually perform like Jurco, Tootoo, Eaves and bring up Ouellet, Almqvist or Sproul if we require a Dman at any point.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#129 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

I think Jurco will be another case of first line minutes in Grand Rapids vs. fourth line minutes with the Red Wings. Because I don't think Jurco plays in the top-six with everyone healthy.

I expect Jurco to return to Grand Rapids and I'm actually content with that. He can develop more and maybe have a permanent spot next season with veterans off the books.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#130 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Nope.  Without Don Cherry, there is no Coaches Corner.  Don Cherry is awesome and can do whatever he wants and I for one will always be entertained by him.

Did anyone else catch Ron's comment when Grapes tossed the DVD? It was something like "you pulled a Henrik Zetterberg: slipped a disc in the corner"
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#131 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

I really like this new wave of Slovaks.I knew about Tatar,but this Jurčo kid seems NHL ready too :)

Of course he's ready….he's the Youtube sensation man!!!

#132 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Oh I know that, but it just seems Cherry was a bit off the wall tonight
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#133 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

I think Jurco will be another case of first line minutes in Grand Rapids vs. fourth line minutes with the Red Wings. Because I don't think Jurco plays in the top-six with everyone healthy.

I expect Jurco to return to Grand Rapids and I'm actually content with that. He can develop more and maybe have a permanent spot next season with veterans off the books.

I'd be perfectly happy with our 4th line remaining Tootoo-Sheahan-Jurco right to the Cup finals.   ;)

#134 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Waive Cleary, Sammy and Quincey to take whatever cap relief that gets to keep up guys that actually perform like Jurco, Tootoo, Eaves and bring up Ouellet, Almqvist or Sproul if we require a Dman at any point.

Odd thing is, Quincey was arguably our best d-man in the playoffs last year. I'd rather wait until we can upgrade before we let Quincey go.

#135 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

Oh I know that, but it just seems Cherry was a bit off the wall tonight

That's half the fun.

#136 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Reimer looks like he might cry.

Posted Image

#137 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Did anyone else catch Ron's comment when Grapes tossed the DVD? It was something like "you pulled a Henrik Zetterberg: slipped a disc in the corner"

I heard something about Z, but didn't quite catch what he said.  Ronny wouldn't make fun of Z though.

#138 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Tell em Pasha!

#139 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

I don't know. In this case, he could learn more playing for the Wings through adversity than for a dominating Griffins squad. Minutes or no.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#140 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Well that was a crock but Pav screaming "he pushed the net" made up for it a bit.