• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

USA vs Canada woman's fight

Rate this topic

While I agree this fight was...nothing special, the whole "OMG grrls only fight over SHOPPING roflcopter" rhetoric is a bit played out.

Ya, this fight sucked, but I made no mention of black Friday or what have you. It looked like two teams filled with franzens lol

Ya, this fight sucked, but I made no mention of black Friday or what have you. It looked like two teams filled with franzens lol

Wasn't directed at you, sorry. But...*points up*

I don't understand why the culture of fighting is different in women's hockey. If you're gonna stand and bang, drop the gloves and lose the lids.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Guest Playmaker

Wasn't directed at you, sorry. But...*points up*

I don't understand why the culture of fighting is different in women's hockey. If you're gonna stand and bang, drop the gloves and lose the mitts.

Checking isn't allowed in women's hockey. It's a penalty. So obviously fighting isn't either and is not a common occurrence. Not to mention, they all wear full face masks. Hence, different culture.

I rest my case.

Just a joke granted not the funniest but still a joke. Wasn't meant to disparage anyone.

And what's with the double standard we can all harp on Franzen for playing like a girl but no one can make a joke about this?

I'm not sure thisis going to help the discussion at all... But if there was less clothing involved most of these posts would've tuned to a different key. AMIRITE?! * winkwinknudgenudgesaynomoresaynomore*

FFS!

Let's recognize that with or without helmets, and skill of fighting be damned... There's a lot of bad blood between these two teams and THAT is what fights in hockey ARE ABOUT, no?

Call the fight what you want but at least the women showed some push back on both teams. We have watched our goalies get ran our best players get hammered and nothing ever happens. Laughing at the way this fight happened have you ever watched some of our players in a scrum????? just sayin'