• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

Leafs/Wings 24/7 Episode 2 Discussion (12/21)

Rate this topic

Much better than the first one. Getting to see the intensity of the coaches was the best part. I want HBO to capture the feel of being a NHL player in during an intense season. They are getting better and I have faith that HBO will take fan advice and improve anyway they can. I wish they would show more on ice things like in practice though, Datsyuk maybe.....?

Just woke up and had this crazy dream that there was a thread on LGW discussing which team is hotter. Stupid, eh?

You do realise there is an entire sub-forum on this board devoted to such issues? ;)

Anyway, thought it was an interesting episode. Crosby and Phaneuf arguing like a pair of 5 year olds was just embaressing for both of them.

Seeing the goal against TB that was waved off was cool. Bertuzzi (respectfully) telling the refs that they're wrong, and calling one of them by his first name :lol: and the ref to his credit admitting that he made a mistake.

but seriously HBO needs to tune down their mandated F bomb thing, this isn't funny or anything else it just gets boring. Does anyone seriously believe, a coach would throw so much F bombs in every speech?

Yes. Listen to the way guys talk on ice, think about the way your friends (may) talk around each other, and then relate it to these guys. That's how people talk.

but seriously HBO needs to tune down their mandated F bomb thing, this isn't funny or anything else it just gets boring. Does anyone seriously believe, a coach would throw so much F bombs in every speech?

Yes I believe it. My coaches in college and high school threw out f bombs just as much as in this show if not more. Same with everyone else on the team. I guess I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me much.

You can't be serious...I've never had a coach who didn't throw f-bombs like that. Quite the norm.

Yes...Yes we all believe they swear that much. You honestly think HBO is forcing them to say "f***"?? In fact they probably swear more when the cameras aren't there!

Yes...Yes we all believe they swear that much. You honestly think HBO is forcing them to say "f***"?? In fact they probably swear more when the cameras aren't there!

It's not the swearing, I surely believe they swear a lot but there are tons of other words in order to do the swearing. The reason why I've stated that is simple, during some older HBO episodes they've had a F bomb counter.

I like the talk on the ice, especially Phaneuf and Crosby talking to each other, rewatched it and thought Brodie with this "want someone to chirp? I f******* give you someone to chirp here"

Babcock and Caryle had every right to kick them out of the room, I mean everyone could see that Babs was really ready to unload, that's not something the whole world needs to see.

I'm pretty sure I drop that many f bombs during a visit with my grandparents. I'm starting to think I should reevaluate my life.

I'm really torn with this show. One part of me wants access to every single second of every locker room moment from arriving at the rink to dressing for the game to intermission tongue lashings to post game showers to getting in their cars to go home.

The other part of me feels it's intrusive and getting in their heads and leave my team alone and let them focus on playing dammit and wow what an invasion of privacy.

Not to mention the stuff they're showing isn't all that illuminating. I did enjoy the Babs portions of the show, but feel like they're focusing too much on the coaches and not enough on the players.

We're halfway through now, hopefully these last 2 eps pick up...

I'm pretty sure I drop that many f bombs during a visit w6th my grandparents. I'm starting to think I should reevaluate my life.

I'm really torn with this show. One part of me wants access to every single second of every locker room moment from arriving at the rink to dressing for the game to intermission tongue lashings to post game showers to getting in their cars to go home.

The other part of me feels it's intrusive and getting in their heads and leave my team alone and let them focus on playing dammit and wow what an invasion of privacy.

Not to mention the stuff they're showing isn't all that illuminating. I did enjoy the Babs portions of the show, but feel like they're focusing too much on the coaches and not enough on the players.

We're halfway through now, hopefully these last 2 eps pick up...

I agree with that, as fan I am fine with not having access to everything. I mean, these teams are giving HBO access to a lot of stuff and its obvious, that both teams are uncomfortable having the cameras around.

So focusing on the coaches might be easier, also liked this episode. I'm dropping f bombs too especially during huge traffic hours bring not n every sentence.

Those are two Original 6 teams they don't need to go out of their way and follow some prewritten scripts or other stuff.

Let's not forget the most important thing these guys are humans too they deserve their privacy

I agree with that, as fan I am fine with not having access to everything. I mean, these teams are giving HBO access to a lot of stuff and its obvious, that both teams are uncomfortable having the cameras around. So focusing on the coaches might be easier, also liked this episode. I'm dropping f bombs too especially during huge traffic hours bring not n every sentence. Those are two Original 6 teams they don't need to go out of their way and follow some prewritten scripts or other stuff. Let's not forget the most important thing these guys are humans too they deserve their privacy

Dude <_<, there isn't a pre-writen script. They're not actors, they're hockey players who aren't used to their everyday conversations being filmed, which is why some of it seems awkward. And yes professional athletes and coaches are known to drop quite a few F bombs in the heat of the moment, I don't know why you're having such a hard time accepting that.

Edited by roboturner

It's not the swearing, I surely believe they swear a lot but there are tons of other words in order to do the swearing. The reason why I've stated that is simple, during some older HBO episodes they've had a F bomb counter.

I like the talk on the ice, especially Phaneuf and Crosby talking to each other, rewatched it and thought Brodie with this "want someone to chirp? I f******* give you someone to chirp here"

Babcock and Caryle had every right to kick them out of the room, I mean everyone could see that Babs was really ready to unload, that's not something the whole world needs to see.

Really? That's what this show is all about our chance to see what happens behind the scenes even the bad stuff.

Really? That's what this show is all about our chance to see what happens behind the scenes even the bad stuff.

It definitely is what the show is all about, however it behooves the HBO crew to comply when someone feels they are intruding too much. Good relationships between cameramen and hockey personnel = hockey personnel more willing to allow HBO cameras into their lives. Bad relationships = less cooperation. Its a bummer that Babs and Carlyle kicked out the cameras, but good on the cameramen to not press the issue.

i wish we saw more from detroit than babcock, abdelkader, alfy and smith.

I feel like the other seasons of 24/7 showed more interaction between players during practice or workouts, etc. I don't feel like we've had too much of that this year... I was really looking forward to seeing how Cleary is such a goofball, or Datsyuk's witty humor.

I feel like the other seasons of 24/7 showed more interaction between players during practice or workouts, etc. I don't feel like we've had too much of that this year... I was really looking forward to seeing how Cleary is such a goofball, or Datsyuk's witty humor.

Or show Zetterberg a little. He is the captain.

I know he's hurt, but he's still around the team, right? Especially for home games.