• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

Leafs/Wings 24/7 Episode 2 Discussion (12/21)

Rate this topic

I feel like the other seasons of 24/7 showed more interaction between players during practice or workouts, etc. I don't feel like we've had too much of that this year... I was really looking forward to seeing how Cleary is such a goofball, or Datsyuk's witty humor.

Exactly! They're completely missing this aspect. Well they had the Leafs playing pingpong so that's something. But no showing the Wings pre-game routines? And no Franzen yelling at the ref in Tampa? They need to show more of the casual stuff and less stilted interviews. Smitty and Abby in the car was great, I always enjoy finding out who are really friends off the ice. Good thing is the next 2 episodes should feauture some Red Wings wins and returning players and hopefully be a bit more upbeat for our team, maybe they'll be a bit looser and let the cameras get closer.

Love the show but certainly think they're doing a bad job at getting close to the Wings.

The scene towards the end with Kadri looked like HBO was filming either a GQ ad or another installment of the Fast and the Furious series. Do we really need to see a wide angle of Kadri driving his car?

Favorite scene was Babs kicking the cameras out of the locker room. And during the Crosby and Phaneuf in game conversation Phaneuf sounded like a whiney 8 year old.

Overall a good episode though watching the Wings suck it up again was painful.

Agreed - it's on HBO afterall.

Torts, and Boudreau were quite the pair a few years back; neither were camera shy, and both had their moments in which as fans we all enjoyed.

Outside of us Red Wing, and Maple Leaf fans - many are probably thinking that this years' 24/7 is pretty boring.

See, they weren't camera shy and both teams had a few mediajunkies on their roster, this certainly isn't the case here. Babcock and Carlyle are media pros, they know what they are doing but what about the young guns, guys like Kessel? They are introverted guys, unfomfortable infront of the media so I can understand and respect that. The episode showed Carlyle giving it to his team, yeah it was behind closed doors but the message was clear and every fan could hear it, what more do people want? Seeing him throwing around stuff, kicking walls?

Don't get me wrong I love behind the scenes stuff, but I also respect the privacy situation of the players. Good for the cameraguy not to force his way into the room, like someone mentioned this show needs a healthy relationship between the teams and the camera crew. Another thing I've mentioned before, is the fact that both teams don't need to behave like clowns or are acting like lose cannons, these are established markets. If watching the TorontoMapleLeafs and DetroitRedWings is boring for other fans, guess what? Stop watching, soon these two will be part of the biggest and only! WC breaking a 100.000 spectators - if that's boring for other fans, who cares.

Both coaches already stated, that the cameras are a disctraction for the teams and yet we've seen some on ice stuff, some behind the scene stuff so that's fine, I highly doubt one of the two teams will allow full access to everything and I'm fine with that.

The Leafs victory song is a song by Miley Cyrus. They don't deserve a cup for another 40-whatever years.

Only 40 years? For that punishment, I say it should be never.

I don't blame Mike Babcock for throwing out the cameras, and venting his anger. I mean, hell, if anyone deserves to vent, he does. And we did start winning after that, you know. So maybe it was a good thing.

A friend of mine said she was surprised to hear Pasha saying he wasn't playing good enough. He's always been so hard on himself, that's normal with him. But you can't expect to be 100% after taking a whack to the head like he did. It's gonna take time. He's coming back around, but something like that, it's to be expected that he'll take a little time to readjust.

They need to show more interaction with women when these players are on the road. Hockey groupies. Like in Slapshot.

We're not that naive to believe these guys sit in their hotel rooms and read the Bible all night.

The nhl probably prohibits it, wouldn't want your league to be thought of as a party and beer league

The nhl probably prohibits it, wouldn't want your league to be thought of as a party and beer league

No, but that partying, traveling lifestyle is part of professional sports. Everyone knows that. No reason to pretend otherwise with a show that's supposed to be reality TV.

No, but that partying, traveling lifestyle is part of professional sports. Everyone knows that. No reason to pretend otherwise with a show that's supposed to be reality TV.

I want to see what goes on behind the scenes, but I could care less who goes home with what girl

Guest RyaN_84

thank you 24/7 for getting that damn Miley Cyrus song stuck in my head again~!!

lol
so la de da de da de da dee
we like to partyyyy :D :D

I think the reasoning is that "Leafs" is the plural of a specific thing, a specific leaf, namely the Canadian Maple Leaf. The players play for and represent that leaf.

But I'm not Canadian, so I'm probably wrong.

Conn Smythe quote:

“The Maple Leaf to us, was the badge of courage, the badge that meant home. It was the badge that reminded us all of our exploits and the different difficulties we got into and the different accomplishments we made. It was a badge that meant more to us than any other badge that we could think of... so we chose it... hoping that the possession of this badge would mean something to the team that wore it and when they skated out on the ice with this badge on their chest... they would wear it with honour and pride and courage, the way it had been worn by the soldiers of the first Great War in the Canadian Army."

Got it from the Leafs website.