Photo
- - - - -

Leafs/Wings 24/7 Episode 2 Discussion (12/21)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:10 AM

I'm with ya. 

TBH, I enjoy watching the Leafs more than the Wings. :confused:

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#22 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm not exactly a male model, but we have to be the ugliest team in the league.    

I'll give you Abdelkader and Datysuk, but the rest?  I don't have a *** bone in my body, but hot damn Ericsson could retire tomorrow and become a successful male model.  I understand Andersson, Kronwall, Z, Howard and even Miller are quite popular with the ladies ;)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#23 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

Just woke up and had this crazy dream that there was a thread on LGW discussing which team is hotter.  Stupid, eh?

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Discussing which team  his hotteronly  makes sense, if both would have some beautiful icegirls :)

Anyway, best part of the episode was Phaneuf asking Cindy if he would like a "shove" like the one Cindy gave to Holland? but seriously HBO needs to tune down their mandated F bomb thing, this isn't funny or anything else it just gets boring. Does anyone seriously believe, a coach would throw so much F bombs in every speech?

Loved  the Babcock storming into the room "get the F (that was a true F bomb), out of here get out!"

btw. I really hope the Zamboni was a gift and not just borrowed.

Edited by frankgrimes, 22 December 2013 - 11:35 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#25 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Yeah, but does Brendan Smith have a GF?  I just have to know!  ;)

I thought this episode was better, more behind the scene stuff with the injured players, the coaching staff, etc.  But overall, still pretty boring.  I have the feeling that the Wings just aren't allowing all that much access and I can't imagine the NHL/HBO are all too thrilled with that.  I think coaches do say f*** that much  ;)  But I don't think it has to be included in every scene. 

#26 wingslionstigers

wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Much better than the first one. Getting to see the intensity of the coaches was the best part. I want HBO to capture the feel of being a NHL player in during an intense season. They are getting better and I have faith that HBO will take fan advice and improve anyway they can. I wish they would show more on ice things like in practice though, Datsyuk maybe.....?

#27 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

Just woke up and had this crazy dream that there was a thread on LGW discussing which team is hotter.  Stupid, eh?

You do realise there is an entire sub-forum on this board devoted to such issues? ;)

Anyway, thought it was an interesting episode.  Crosby and Phaneuf arguing like a pair of 5 year olds was just embaressing for both of them.

Seeing the goal against TB that was waved off was cool.  Bertuzzi (respectfully) telling the refs that they're wrong, and calling one of them by his first name :lol: and the ref to his credit admitting that he made a mistake.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#28 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

i laughed out loud when they showed abby and smith driving to the arena in the snow storm, and when other vehicles were spinning abby said to smith "that's like you on ice!"

#29 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Anyone got a link to watch? 2nd one's not on youtube yet

i stand corrected! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lZF0Gtp9Ycs

Edited by Wings3:16, 22 December 2013 - 12:58 PM.

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#30 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

I don't really blame him for kicking out the cameras. The last thing he wants as a coach is his players getting called out for all the world to see, especially the young guys.

Can't blame the HBO guys for trying to get their shots though.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

but seriously HBO needs to tune down their mandated F bomb thing, this isn't funny or anything else it just gets boring. Does anyone seriously believe, a coach would throw so much F bombs in every speech?

Yes.  Listen to the way guys talk on ice, think about the way your friends (may) talk around each other, and then relate it to these guys.  That's how people talk.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#32 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

but seriously HBO needs to tune down their mandated F bomb thing, this isn't funny or anything else it just gets boring. Does anyone seriously believe, a coach would throw so much F bombs in every speech?

Yes I believe it. My coaches in college and high school threw out f bombs just as much as in this show if not more. Same with everyone else on the team. I guess I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me much.

#33 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

That reebok jacket Babcock had on was sick. Of course it's $200.

http://www.dicksspor...-_-SKU-17615102

#34 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,043 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Way better then Episode 1. Phaneuf and Crosbys convo and Babs kicking the camera crews out were the best parts for me.

#NOMOREKINDL

#35 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,457 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

The Leafs victory song is a song by Miley Cyrus. They don't deserve a cup for another 40-whatever years.

#36 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

The Leafs victory song is a song by Miley Cyrus. They don't deserve a cup for another 40-whatever years.

At least Carlyle has some good taste in music!

• Nev likes this
Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#37 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

You can't be serious...I've never had a coach who didn't throw f-bombs like that.  Quite the norm.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#38 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yes...Yes we all believe they swear that much. You honestly think HBO is forcing them to say "f***"?? In fact they probably swear more when the cameras aren't there!

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#39 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yes...Yes we all believe they swear that much. You honestly think HBO is forcing them to say "f***"?? In fact they probably swear more when the cameras aren't there!

It's not the swearing, I surely believe they swear a lot but there are tons of other words in order to do the swearing. The reason why I've stated that is simple, during some older HBO episodes they've had a F bomb counter.

I like the talk on the ice, especially Phaneuf and Crosby talking to each other, rewatched it and thought Brodie with this "want someone to chirp? I f******* give you someone to chirp here"

Babcock and Caryle had every right to kick them out of the room, I mean everyone could see that Babs was really ready to unload, that's not something the whole world needs to see.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#40 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

Does anyone seriously believe, a coach would throw so much F bombs in every speech?

Yes. Over the course of that retrospective Griffins championship video, Blashill drops about 900 f bombs.

Don't Toews me, bro!