• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Trade with Sabres?

Rate this topic

I was thinking that we could do with some vet presence on the blue line and a player i feel who would fit in great is Tallinder at Buffalo. Now im sure he is a fa at the end of the season the same as our Quincey. This deal straight up i dont think Buffalo would do but maybe a combination that may be classed as a blockbuster could swing it.

To Buffalo: Howard , Quincey, Kindl and Tootoo

To Detroit: Miller, Tallinder and McCormick.

By all accounts Miller is done in Buffalo and i would say welcome a move to his home town team. Also he is a fa at the end of 13-14 and i would

say we could re-sign him for less than we payed Howard who i feel is overpaid. We get the extra vet on D that we need and we sweeten the deal by throwing Kindl in as more depth for the Sabres that they need. Tootoo and McCormick is more or less a like for like, or we could see what other player they would take if not Tootoo.

Yeah i knowvits Sabres!!

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Guest DeGraa55

Why do we want some defenseman anyways. Its not our problem. We need some halfway decent forwards.

The thought of a Howard - Miller trade is actually very interesting. Probably unlikely as mentioned, but I think worth discussing because of Miller's connection to Detroit and his brother. Plus I know Holland is well connected with the Sabers organization, or at least he was in the past.

how about just Miller for Howard? This would give both players the chance to play for their home state team. We should sound Miller out about a 2 year deal at the end of his current contract thus giving Mrazek 2 years as back up before taking over the starters role, i just think Kenny overpaid Howard and the deal was to long.

how about just Miller for Howard? This would give both players the chance to play for their home state team. We should sound Miller out about a 2 year deal at the end of his current contract thus giving Mrazek 2 years as back up before taking over the starters role, i just think Kenny overpaid Howard and the deal was to long.

Miller - Monster would definately be a nice tandem, another plus would be having one more local boy with the big club, helps to get fans more excited for the team again.

Sadly, I don't think Buffalo is going to take this trade and the asking price for Miller is going to be very high, howard alone wouldn't do it.

Miller - Monster would definately be a nice tandem, another plus would be having one more local boy with the big club, helps to get fans more excited for the team again.

Sadly, I don't think Buffalo is going to take this trade and the asking price for Miller is going to be very high, howard alone wouldn't do it.

I don't think Miller in goal is going to get anyone pumped up. Winning is going to get fans pumped up, and that's not going to happen consistently until some people get back into the lineup.

I think this idea has been tossed around somewhere else on the forum, but I saw this on SI.com's truth & rumors section, multiple sources are saying the Sabres are looking to deal Moulson by the deadline.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/410852-sharp-shooting-moulson-on-the-block-again?eref=sihp

I'm not sure what it would take to realistically get this guy, but I think he'd be a good fit here and could help us out.

I think this idea has been tossed around somewhere else on the forum, but I saw this on SI.com's truth & rumors section, multiple sources are saying the Sabres are looking to deal Moulson by the deadline.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/410852-sharp-shooting-moulson-on-the-block-again?eref=sihp

I'm not sure what it would take to realistically get this guy, but I think he'd be a good fit here and could help us out.

I don't want to trade for a rental unless they talk to him first and are pretty certain that he's going to sign an extension here.