Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Moulson I can see getting as much as a first and a second

#22 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

I think this idea has been tossed around somewhere else on the forum, but I saw this on SI.com's truth & rumors section, multiple sources are saying the Sabres are looking to deal Moulson by the deadline.

http://www.fannation...again?eref=sihp

I'm not sure what it would take to realistically get this guy, but I think he'd be a good fit here and could help us out.

I don't want to trade for a rental unless they talk to him first and are pretty certain that he's going to sign an extension here.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#23 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

I don't want to trade for a rental unless they talk to him first and are pretty certain that he's going to sign an extension here.

Not even if their asking price was Quincey kindl Sammy Cleary bertuzzi and a bag of chips?

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#24 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:24 PM

Not even if their asking price was Quincey kindl Sammy Cleary bertuzzi and a bag of chips?

Idk what kind of chips are we talkin here?

#25 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

im thinkin....roldgold pretzels....or scoop fritos.

throw in some dip....and its a done deal.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#26 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:36 PM

Moulson will for sure involve trading a first rounder and if I were Holland I wouldn't do it for a rental.

wche.jpg

in need of magic #13

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

#27 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

Kindl is the only one worth a damn in that proposal.  I don't want to dump Kindl for a rental, and novody would want the other players.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#28 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Eklund saying wings are coming on strong for Vanek.

Don't shoot messenger I know its eklund lol.

#29 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Eklund saying wings are coming on strong for Vanek.

Don't shoot messenger I know its eklund lol.

http://www.hockeybuz...p?post_id=57550
I wonder what they're offering.

#30 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

vanek would be incredible!

although it likely means one of nyq or tatar and a solid d prospect are going the other way and then some..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#31 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

sun chips, doritos  lays... take your pic, its a negotiation for a reason

1619431_10152076754861235_68631640462286

#32 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

Vanek has been a money player his entire career and now wants to test FA for money? Yeah, pass

#33 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Vanek has been a money player his entire career and now wants to test FA for money? Yeah, pass

Nope far from it, Buffalo was prepared to make him the highest paid player in the league and he declined. Guy wants a cup and decide where to play .

wche.jpg

in need of magic #13

#34 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

Nope far from it, Buffalo was prepared to make him the highest paid player in the league and he declined. Guy wants a cup and decide where to play .

That tidbit was from an "anonymous source" so I don't really believe it.

It doesn't make sense either. You're rebuilding and instead of getting a 1st, 2nd, and another player you can flip for a first... you pay your Nash caliber player Ovechkin level money? Makes no sense.

I'm sure he declined a good deal with buffalo for the very same reason hes denying good deal with NYI, both teams stink. But just cause he doesn't want to be on stinky team doesn't mean he's not going to wait till FA for Minnesota to pay him Perry level money.

#35 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

That tidbit was from an "anonymous source" so I don't really believe it.
It doesn't make sense either. You're rebuilding and instead of getting a 1st, 2nd, and another player you can flip for a first... you pay your Nash caliber player Ovechkin level money? Makes no sense.
I'm sure he declined a good deal with buffalo for the very same reason hes denying good deal with NYI, both teams stink. But just cause he doesn't want to be on stinky team doesn't mean he's not going to wait till FA for Minnesota to pay him Perry level money.

Buffalo is a team, which will have a hard time reaching the cap floor so some crazy overpayment does actually help them.

I am sure he wants to become UFA and getting a heck of a payday everyone would. It's a perfect setup the cap is going up and Vanek is by far the best available player. That's like jackpot for a player and his agent.

wche.jpg

in need of magic #13

#36 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Buffalo is a team, which will have a hard time reaching the cap floor so some crazy overpayment does actually help them. I am sure he wants to become UFA and getting a heck of a payday everyone would. It's a perfect setup the cap is going up and Vanek is by far the best available player. That's like jackpot for a player and his agent.

Again, their is no source to the rumor, so I don't take it seriously. Either way I think it's smarter to get the kings ransom for Vanek like they did... And then just overpay various vets in various positions in FA to mentor your young stars and hit the cap floor