• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JasonNewEra

Inside a Hockey Ref's Game

Rate this topic

This would be awesome for NHL ref accountability. If all refs wore these we could see what they see during games and understand how their positioning may affect calls etc. In a way it helps fans understand why refs made calls that night and also holds refs accountable if they clearly missed things right in front of them.

I can see this being a big part of sports future. I mean they can put impressively functioning cameras with video in cell phones that weigh next to nothing and would fit snug into a helmet without adding additional weight or interfering with that players mobility. I think what holds it back is television and censorship, you can't ask players to watch their mouths but you can't have F bombs being dropped on live television on public channels either. In my mind, this is likely why we haven't seen more stuff like this during games, as great as it would be and even make the shootout a bit more interesting with player and goalie-eye views of it going down.

I'd be happy with them bringing back the glow puck but i'm easy to please. It was kinda like watching Tron hockey.

Best to rule us with an iron fist. Otherwise one day we may discover our strength in numbers and revolt!

Some of us are already revolting enough.

Cool video. I wish they had cameras (with or without sound) on the players or refs for a Wings game. That would be so cool.

I'd really love to hear what was said on some of those calls that we know were bs.

If I spoke French, I'd have loved to hear the goaliecam on Fleury when Z's shot went in off his butt in the SCF of '08.

That would be great to have more audio of the players. Could you imagine some of the Swenglish gold we could have heard on those calls when the Wings had a goal called back due to Homer farting into the crease (since he clearly wasn't in it on the replays)?