• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/23 GDT : Islanders 3 at Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

I think we can now safely say, without any trace of doubt, that we need, need, need to add a veteran top-four defenseman. We're interested in Edler, Girardi is being shopped - get someone good, give him Quincey's spot.

wouldn't mind Girardi, he's a shot-blocking machine and chips in offensively

much like a top-4 d-man is supposed to

There are three very obvious flaws with your argument:

1) That's just a hair off .500, a number that very much does not entail domination.

2) It doesn't differentiate between ties and overtime losses, so that isn't factual at all.

3) Both teams have been great, awful, and everything in between during that span, and, needless to say, the rosters for both have seen turnover on the order of several hundred percent, and so the figure means absolutely nothing to begin with.

Did I make an argument? Show me where I made an argument. That's what I thought.

yep, the boys are dialing up another loss to a supposedly inferior opponent that will burn us later in the season when we're scrambling for points

gonna be a long night, time to break out the alcohol

anybody got any eggnog?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_dCcLWQQXc

Edited by Euro_Twins

I think we can now safely say, without any trace of doubt, that we need, need, need to add a veteran top-four defenseman. We're interested in Edler, Girardi is being shopped - get someone good, give him Quincey's spot.

Girardi would be a dream. I just doubt if we picked up a D-man Quincey would take a seat. Babs is too loyal sometimes.

I was secretly hoping Quincey would receive a LONG suspension for the hit on Getzlaf, but didn't say anything because I didn't want to sound like an *******.

I would now like to say, I WISH Quincey had gotten a 10 game boot.

Its utterly shocking that we still have him in the lineup when he contribute NOTHING.

Well...except supremely ******* up over and over, and allowing the other teams to score on us.

There are three very obvious flaws with your argument:

1) That's just a hair off .500, a number that very much does not entail domination.

2) It doesn't differentiate between ties and overtime losses, so that isn't factual at all.

3) Both teams have been great, awful, and everything in between during that span, and, needless to say, the rosters for both have seen turnover on the order of several hundred percent, and so the figure means absolutely nothing to begin with.

The all-time record doesn't really say anything, I agree. But it's a fact that the Wings have struggled against the Isles for some time now. That's the main idea. That the Isles are kryptonite to us, going all the way back to, what, 2003? 1776? Something ridiculous like that.

Why did they sign Tootoo if theyf****** hated him!!!

Cut the dude loose so he can go play somewhere!

They tried (when they waived him). No one would take him.

Though I agree I honestly don't know why they signed him. Part of the reason no one wanted him is because Holland overpaid him. And it's like he never talked to Babcock about Tootoo.

Guest Crymson

Girardi would be a dream. I just doubt if we picked up a D-man Quincey would take a seat. Babs is too loyal sometimes.

Girardi is vastly overrated on this forum. He was absolutely brutal last season.

The thing with Quincey is he's not just bad, he's very literally a factor for the other team almost every game we play. He singlehandedly costs us games and points. Whether it's boneheaded plays or boneheaded penalties or both, he kills us, with incredible, borderline hilarious consistency.

Stevie Y and the Avs ripped Holland on thus deal.

And now Holland's going to refuse to move a first-round pick for a guy who we seriously need and who would seriously help. Because of Quincey.

I think the Avs dealt him here because they knew he'd submarine us.

I know, beating a dead horse. But for the love of God, what does this guy have to do to get his ass sat?

Girardi is vastly overrated on this forum. He was absolutely brutal last season.

Oh noes, a hockey player had a bad season!

Oh noes, a hockey player had a bad season!

Though, to be fair, I guess you could say the same thing in Quincey's defense. But Quincey was never as good as Girardi has shown he can be and, I think, is.

Bottom line, we need a defenseman like Girardi, and now he's being shopped. It makes sense.

Guest Crymson

Edler is -12 on a team that would be tied for 1st in the East. I don't think he's who you want.