• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Systems Analyst: Top 10 Defensive Meltdowns of the year

Rate this topic

I've plugged this blog a bunch because it gives a great and often hilarious explanation of the finer points of the game, in particular defensive breakdowns that result in the puck ending up in your own net.

In the spirit of end of the year lists, here's their Top 10 Defensive Breakdowns:

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/12/23/systems-mess-the-10-most-blatant-defensive-meltdowns-of-2013/#more-88346

Some of the better pics (I won't give away number one, even though it's a great picture).

Systems-Analyst-meltdown.jpg

sabres-d.jpg

delay-goal.jpg

Holy crap, that can't be real.

I seriously did a doubletake when I first saw that pic. It looks like it's photoshopped, or that the Sabres broke out in spontaneous short track speed skating race. With the craziness of their three-in-a-row defense, you might not notice the two San Jose players who are wide open right in front of Miller, waiting for the puck.

What's even more hilarious is shortly after that still was taken, a 4th Sabre (seen barely at the left edge of the frame) comes in to join the other three. It's hard to believe this wasn't the #1 meltdown until you see the winner.

When people think Ryan Miller is overrated as a goaltender, they need to remember this is the kind of defense he has in front of him.

I seriously did a doubletake when I first saw that pic. It looks like it's photoshopped, or that the Sabres broke out in spontaneous short track speed skating race. With the craziness of their three-in-a-row defense, you might not notice the two San Jose players who are wide open right in front of Miller, waiting for the puck.

What's even more hilarious is shortly after that still was taken, a 4th Sabre (seen barely at the left edge of the frame) comes in to join the other three. It's hard to believe this wasn't the #1 meltdown until you see the winner.

When people think Ryan Miller is overrated as a goaltender, they need to remember this is the kind of defense he has in front of him.

It reminds me of those time-lapse juxtaposition dealies. So, like, all three Sabres would be the same Sabre.

I'm kinda surprised it wasn't #1. Because, seriously? Two Sharks alone with Miller in his kitchen? On top of the whole conga line thing? Mind. Blown.