• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

On Mantha.

Yes, his defensive skills are subpar, but put him on a line with two if the glut of our forwards whose main asset is defensive responsibility and a shutdown line becomes a defensively responsible one, with a scoring threat.

Pair him with andersson and Abby while he learns the defensive game.

Or sheahan and have a the grit/size/scoring ability.

I know a lot of you are saying they need to dominate lower leagues to build the confidence.

But baptism by fire may correct his compete level issues.

And i think were shying away from our over-ripened youth policy since our kids are playing so well.(see:Thomas jurco)

Or, put him on an offensive line with guys like Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg, and a scoring line becomes a bigger scoring threat. However, I highly doubt we'll see Mantha in Detroit next year, outside of a cup of coffee or major injury replacement.

Or, put him on an offensive line with guys like Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg, and a scoring line becomes a bigger scoring threat. However, I highly doubt we'll see Mantha in Detroit next year, outside of a cup of coffee or major injury replacement.

Honestly this was my first thought.

Because on the wing of those two they love to roll size, but

I firmly believe jurco has earned his spot next to datsyuk.

I hope bans feels the same.

But hell sadly have to earn his way up, just because guys with effort level problems admittedly, probably need more adversity.

But still.

He's really damn exciting.

And edit.

Data and zatta are the most defensively responsible consistent scoring threats there is in the league, imo, and our future first liner would do well to learn from them.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Guest mjtm77

Mantha pretty invisible so far... His hockey IQ without the puck is pretty bad. I can see how he was on the bubble for making this team.

You firmly believe Jurco has earned a spot next to Datsyuk after a whopping 5 games?! I think not!

"Earned"? No. But this team struggles to score, and if Jurco and Datsyuk can provide some spark, why not try it?

Canada is in trouble today... and I don't know how Plutnar isn't! You can't shove an official, even if they somehow thought it was an accident. I'd be surprised if he doesn't get suspended...

The finnish goalie is pretty flashy, he plays on feeling more than solid positioning but it's very entertaining to watch. Sadly their team overall don't seem as good this year as last, Sweden beat them today despite playing a pretty bad game.

Is there a list of our prospects in this tourney?

Mantha and Paterson on team Canada

Considering the Americans only have 3 guys back from last year's gold medal team, I think they've looked pretty good

I didn't think Paterson looked all that bad...wasn't great but everyone on the TSN site are yelling for Furcale. I think the defense looked worse than the goaltending.

Concerning the reactions to the Canada loss.

Yes, it's mindless stupidity to be concerned about losing one game ... or moreover, exactly comparable to most posters on this site when the Red Wings lose.

There is a differense between a loaded team with high expectations and a behind the pack team that needs to work hard, in order to win games.

Guest Crymson

I'm still a little annoyed that we didn't get Alexander Wennberg in the last draft, the kid is absolutely amazing.

He was picked #14. Why would you be annoyed at the Wings not drafting a player who had already been drafted?