• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

He was picked #14. Why would you be annoyed at the Wings not drafting a player who had already been drafted?

Obviously the hope was that he wouldn't be drafted that early, I was hoping no other team would pick him up and we did get fairly close.

I feel for him too having to play for Columbus now :P

Sutter is a terrible junior coach. Benched Mcdavid after he took 2 penalties. I mean...he's a 16 year old! He's supposed to make mistakes! He's also extremely talented and will probably want to make up for those mistakes.

Benching him accomplishes nothing.

Watched the replay this morning and Paterson let in some terrible goals yesterday, you could tell at some points it was crushing Canada's morale. I highly doubt he starts the next game especially after Suter comments. Also, Mantha didn't have a good game besides putting up 2 assists, he looked slow and took a bad penalty.

I'm still a little annoyed that we didn't get Alexander Wennberg in the last draft, the kid is absolutely amazing.

still would rather have Mantha

Obviously the hope was that he wouldn't be drafted that early, I was hoping no other team would pick him up and we did get fairly close.

I feel for him too having to play for Columbus now :P

by the time he gets to Columbus they'll be pretty good

That and Canada is still struggling. They can't get anything going offensively.

The shot total is there just no real finish work.

Also Canada needs to stay out of the box. Penalties are killing them...

I'll say this about Mantha. His skating is questionable but he knows how to bury the puck.

Could be a huge swing here, Mantha goal and a PP right after.

Mantha definitely knows how to find the back of the net. You can't teach that.

As we've seen SO many times with the Wings, it's quality of shots, not quantity, that really matters...

1g, 3a in the comeback victory over Slovaks. Player of the game for the 2nd time in the tournament.

Ferraro said he was"quick on the puck" in his game tying assist to Drouin.

Edited by T.Low

I'll let all of Detroits defensive forwards worry about the defense, mantha can be our ovechkin and I'll be ok with that

Canuck fan saying Drouin is making Mantha look a lot better than he is playing. Haven't seen any play, so, any comments on that?

Canuck fan saying Drouin is making Mantha look a lot better than he is playing. Haven't seen any play, so, any comments on that?

I haven't caught the games either. Just going on comments from this forum. But I don't think I'll take a canucks radio station too serious, mantha obviously has a nose for the net he scores more than a goal per game in the q, has more than a goal per game in this tournament, drouin might be helping him out, but he is also getting assists and scoring, as evidenced by Abby you can't just magically become a point machine because you have a top notch center or winger feeding you pucks.

Ask him how Bo Horvat is doing.

Mantha was picked later than Horvat but is the better player.

Essentially traded Corey Schnieder for him

I was only able to watch Canada's opening game where Mantha netted the hat trick and TSN and Ferraro were praising him all game. Said he had skill that could not be taught

Edited by joesuffP

Considering Mantha put one on a platter for Drouin I would say its a two way street. Drouin had a secondary assist on Mantha's goal and Mantha was battling in front of the net so you can't say Drouin gifted him that. Mantha will pot the chances he gets - thats all him. He has great instincts around the net and seems to be in the right place. You can't teach that. Its not like Mantha is getting buckets of chances from Drouin and converting a few and his stats look good - he has been very efficient with his scoring opportunities.

Saw the 2nd and 3rd periods of the game today against the Slovaks... Drouin did look great but Mantha looked great on his own! Nice come back win for Canada too... GO CANADA!

Also, I hope we dont have to wait for Mantha to be 27 before he gets his shot at scoring goals for us... I would rather see him learn the ropes from Pav and Z before they retire! God forbid Mule is his only mentor.....yikes!

"Look kid, you could work hard to contribute all the time but why? Just get a couple of Ram commercials and take as many on ice vacations as your puny little heart desires"

Pavel setting up Mantha would be sick. I think if the kid keeps playing lights out offensively, and he keeps working on his complete game he won't be waiting too long to make his Wings debut.