• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

Canada didn't need the win any more than the USA did.

I understand the implications of a Canada win in regulation and a USA team getting the game into OT ... but neither team needed to win the game any more than the other.

The USA chant is "we didn't win because we didn't have to, hooray for us!".

Good luck against the Russians ... yeah Canada needed it more. You play the Russians, Canada plays the Swiss.

I understand the implications of a Canada win in regulation and a USA team getting the game into OT ... but neither team needed to win the game any more than the other.

Good luck against the Russians ... yeah Canada needed it more. You play the Russians, Canada plays the Swiss.

Translation - "I was wrong"

esteef

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Russians lost twice...no sweat

Edgy. Isn't he leading the whole tournament in points

I was referring to druin, I realize it was unclear. Druin is the most skilled player on team Canada, and should be acting like a leader. Instead, he has been whining or hanging his head all tournament. Every time he decided to bear down and actually play hockey, he was dominant

I'm really impressed with mantha by the way

Mantha took the body a couple of times in the first. As I said earlier, he had a great effort to set up the first goal for Canada. Overall, for the parts I watched, he was more consisently noticeable to me than Drouin, though Drouin had some great moments, Mantha seemed more intensely involved overall, imho.

What penalties did you have a problem with? I believe it was an obvious trip and 2 high sticks. They had to be called. Canada carried the play for over half the game. Power plays usually follow when that happens. US had the advantage in power plays earlier in the game while they were carrying the play

Edited by joesuffP

What penalties did you have a problem with? I believe it was an obvious trip and 2 high sticks. They had to be called. Canada carried the play for over half the game. Power plays usually follow when that happens. US had the advantage in power plays earlier in the game while they were carrying the play

Exactly. USA controlled the game early, they got the calls. Canada started to take over, they got the calls. Just the way hockey works. You rarely ever see the team controlling play take a penalty. I thought that was a well officiated game really. None of the penalties called had me rolling my eyes. They were all legit calls.

Really hoping Canada and USA meet for the gold medal game. Be a lot of fun to watch.