• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

Tickets are on sale now for 2015, co-hosted by Toronto and Montreal (who will co-host again in 2017).

The IIHF knows how to butter their bread.

it is toronto in 2015, then montreal in 2017

i will be in attendance for every canada game next toruney :)

Edited by marcaractac

Three straight power plays for Canada in the 3rd, 0 for USA. Thanks refs!!

esteef

Gotta earn em. Canada started outplaying USA. When you're chasing teams you take penalties.

A "terribly" refereed game between the USA and Canada will do that.

The penalty calls were penalties. Every fan us pissed when thwir team loses. USA is gonna give Canada everything they can handle when the twi meet again. But if USA doesn't stay disciplined the result will be the same again.

Of course the team canada fans agree it was called just fine=)[/quote

As stated above, the calls were dictated by what team carried the game and gad possession. The USA kids played Red Wings hockey. Roughly translated, 20 minutes.

it is toronto in 2015, then montreal in 2017

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Team-Canada/Men/Junior/2015

"In 2015, Montreal will host the preliminary round group including Canada’s National Junior Team, as well as two quarter-finals, for a total of 12 tournament games. Toronto will host the other preliminary round group, plus two quarter-finals, the relegation series, fifth-place game, both semifinals and both medal games, for a total of 19 games. Canada will move from Montreal to Toronto for the medal round.

Everything will be reversed in 2017 – Canada’s preliminary round group will play in Toronto, while Montreal will host the medal round. The number of games in each market for 2017 will be finalized at a later date."

Canada - Sweden in the finals, I'm calling it now.

That's a game I believe the Canadians will not win. Sweden is a mature and strong team with lots of skill. They are hands down the best team in this tournament, though I hope my Canadian brethren make me eat crow. 3-0 in the pre-tournament for Sweden though says otherwise. And Canada will have to get by a USA team looking for revenge to get to Sweden, after the US beats Russia all to hell.

That's a game I believe the Canadians will not win. Sweden is a mature and strong team with lots of skill. They are hands down the best team in this tournament, though I hope my Canadian brethren make me eat crow. 3-0 in the pre-tournament for Sweden though says otherwise. And Canada will have to get by a USA team looking for revenge to get to Sweden, after the US beats Russia all to hell.

Pre tournament games mean very little. I dont know how many games Sweden has won before WJC and during preliminary round only to get beaten when it actually matters.

And FYI, Sweden will meet the winner between US-Russia, if they beat Slovakia. Canada will face the Czechs or the Finns, if they win. Which is a huge advantage for Canada should they advance.

Pre tournament games mean very little. I dont know how many games Sweden has won before WJC and during preliminary round only to get beaten when it actually matters.

And FYI, Sweden will meet the winner between US-Russia, if they beat Slovakia. Canada will face the Czechs or the Finns, if they win. Which is a huge advantage for Canada should they advance.

Well that's interesting. I thought the medal round still had the teams in their pools. Canada vs USA for the gold would be pretty exciting. Sweden does still look pretty lethal though.

Sweden for sure has a tough road but they are a very good team, so is Canada.

Compared to last year I don't think team USA has the same level of goaltending and don't forget Canada got Reinhard back, huge improvement to their defense.

Sweden - Canada

Canada - USA

would both absolute fantastic finals

Well that and the Canadians wore classy suits and ties and the US wore hoodies on game day, according to Don Cherry

That was some funny stuff. They had the big Beats by Dr. Dre headphones and everything.

Oh s***! The USA vs Russia game starts at 6:00 Eastern tomorrow, which means it's almost bed time. That's gonna be a hell of a game and it'll be much more entertaining than sleep.

USA just got scccrrrrrrewed hard on that delay of game call that hit the glass first. There's definitely gonna be some complaining on here if the American's don't come back and win this one....

Unlike the game vs Canada, American fans have a case to be pissed about officiating there

Oh we're allowed to ***** about the officiating now? Got it.

esteef

When they do a bad job, absolutely. Though you should spend more time complaining about the USA's atrocious powerplay cause they had chances as well. That 2nd call on the 5 on 3 for delay of game was a horrific call though.