• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

The Swiss played a very good game, their program has come a long way in recent years. The game was closer than the score would indicate.

Two disappointments for Canada thus far in the tournament are Horvat and Rychel.

Ekblad, Pouliot and Mantha have been playing very well.

The Swiss played a very good game, their program has come a long way in recent years. The game was closer than the score would indicate.

Two disappointments for Canada thus far in the tournament are Horvat and Rychel.

Ekblad, Pouliot and Mantha have been playing very well.

I was telling my buddy the same thing all week about those 2. I would have rather seen Max Domi in place of one of them. They both have been doing a lot of the little things right, but neither can score worth a damn. They both often miss the net by a lot. I've been very very impressed with Sam Reinhart as well as the guys you mentioned. McKinnon needs more ice time to get going aside from the PP.

Reinhart was good early, not so good in the last few games. Lazar, for instance has been better on the wing.

If it comes down to Reinhart or Ekblad as the No.1 pick in the coming draft ... I'd take Ekblad by a country mile.

MacKinnon needs more ice time ... from Patrick Roy, in Colorado.

Edited by stillwater

Yeah, it wouldn't be news to suggest that Sweden is the team to beat in this tourney. So far they've looked like they won't be beaten by anyone but themselves.

Don't say that!!! us swedes are usually much better as underdogs than when we have to carry the pressure of being the favourite.

Reinhart was good early, not so good in the last few games. Lazar, for instance has been better on the wing.

If it comes down to Reinhart or Ekblad as the No.1 pick in the coming draft ... I'd take Ekblad by a country mile.

MacKinnon needs more ice time ... from Patrick Roy, in Colorado.

:lol: I meant McDavid. I lost my mind mid sentence. Too much going on in the world of hockey the past couple weeks.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Are y'all going to cheer for your North American neighbours to win gold, or are you still butt hurt over the loss to us?

I hated the way the Russians cheered, but a stick to the face is a terrible response - it makes Team USA look really bad.

Edited by L3T5G0W1NG5

I think he deserved the stick to his face, if for no other reason for being stupid enough to skate too close to the bench. The comment that it was not a taunt is BS. There was a pretty obvious photograph of the incident where he stares right at the bench.

Edited by RyanBarnes!

Just saw that Mantha shootout goal highlight. Impressive to say the least....

Mantha was interviewed about it and said something like he came in and just waited for the goalie to make the first move then deked. Made it look easy on a very good Swiss goalie. That's some instincts you can't teach. He reminds me of Rick Nash a little bit. What I love about him is he doesn't force anything or hold on to the puck too long

Are y'all going to cheer for your North American neighbours to win gold, or are you still butt hurt over the loss to us?

I hated the way the Russians cheered, but a stick to the face is a terrible response - it makes Team USA look really bad.

I don't think you would be even posting this if it were the other way around would you?

Wouldn't the Russians have taunted the bench, USA wouldn't have reacted like that. Do I agree with it? No, but I understand it and it's not the first time team Russia hasn't shown any class in this tournament. I probably would have thrown a water bottle or spit at them.

btw. Go Sweden Go cheering hard for a Sweden - Canada final the crowd would be amazing.

Edited by frankgrimes

Are you kidding? Swedes all the way!!

I really hope it's Sweden vs Canada for the gold. I really like that Elias Lindholm kid on Sweden. Carolina needs more kids like him on that scrambled egg roster. I would not be ok with Canada losing to Russia in a gold medal scenario, but Sweden wouldn't be too hard to handle should Canada take silver. Canada is also an underdog if they play Sweden which may be a good thing to help them start on time. Finland is kinda junk this year and they're lucky to be in the game today. Canada better hand them a convincing loss.

Horrible start for Sweden, they look nervous out there. Hopefully they can step it up a few notches...

Get out of the period with 0 goals against is a win for the period. Settle down and drop the hammer in the 2nd. 5 on 3 coming up!