• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

Can't believe how offensively challenged this Canadian squad is. Yeah, the bronze might mean nothing for both these teams but only two goals in two games for team Canada is a bit we...telling ?

Soccer, Basketball and Baseball to me are qually boring and I don't care if its a popular sport. Most of it's players aren't well mannered some might even be guys that get you in trouble this doesn't happen in hockey.

Edited by frankgrimes

Soccer players are just a bunch of arrogant guys, who think kicking a ball 24/7 makes them "godlike".Most overrated and uninteresting sport with a bunch of very questionable atlethes. Hockey - thanks god - is the exact same opposite, hard working talented well mannered guys.

Does your close circle of friends include professional soccer players and NHL'ers? If not, how are you able to make such a bold, conclusive generalization of the two groups? Is it just an opinion, or have you done extensive research on the two groups?

How about women soccer and hockey players? Pretty much fit the same pattern?

I'm honestly curious how you can come to such a definitive judgement.

Thank goodness for the internet, the one place where you're generally not accountable

So are they going to throw the Fin out? I understand that they are really strict in World Juniors but Swedes remind me of the Wings. Swedes just stand around after their guy gets an elbow in the face.

Oh look these must be future NHL refs. No call. Typical.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

So are they going to throw the Fin out? I understand that they are really strict in World Juniors but Swedes remind me of the Wings. Swedes just stand around after their guy gets an elbow in the face.

Oh look these must be future NHL refs. No call. Typical.

Can't believe the refs didn't see/call that. Textbook 5 or so game suspension in the NHL.

Home reffing...

Don't know how you can say that. Swedes are in the offensive zone 90% of this game and have like 3 PPs. And the missed hit to the head.

Sweden looks like a bunch of individual egos all trying to do it themselves. They have all tournament.

Really disappointing.

I really don't think that's true for this tournament. No team has been passing the puck as well as the swedes, almost too much passing at times. But this game they look nervous and they're not supporting eachother as well as before, leading to guys trying to skate through the fins by themselves. Easily the worst game the swedes have played in the tournament and I think they need some kind of fluke to tie this up.

Edited by dat's sick

Don't know how you can say that. Swedes are in the offensive zone 90% of this game and have like 3 PPs. And the missed hit to the head.

Finland plays good defensive zone defense. Doesn't matter how much time Sweden spents circling in the corners.

And I was talking about individual calls. The refs missed the elbowing, it should've been a major. But they DIDN'T SEE it obviously.

Some of those calls Finland has been getting are nothing but home reffing. Ristolainen and Kinnunen trip for example. And those holding calls... Sweden holds all the time, NO CALL. Finland holds, INSTANT CALL.

Home reffing, 'nuff said.

f*** you Grönborg or whatever your name is...

Finland plays good defensive zone defense. Doesn't matter how much time Sweden spents circling in the corners.

And I was talking about individual calls. The refs missed the elbowing, it should've been a major. But they DIDN'T SEE it obviously.

Some of those calls Finland has been getting are nothing but home reffing. Ristolainen and Kinnunen trip for example. And those holding calls... Sweden holds all the time, NO CALL. Finland holds, INSTANT CALL.

Home reffing, 'nuff said.

Sweden hasn't been forced to play much defense so they haven't been in a position to take many penalties. It's just how it is. And I agree finland plays great defense and they are very disciplined. Swedes aren't getting many dangerous chances. Reffing has nothing to do with the result so far and probably won't impact the outcome either.