• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeftWinger

World Juniors Tourney Thread

Rate this topic

Sweden hasn't been forced to play much defense so they haven't been in a position to take many penalties. It's just how it is. And I agree finland plays great defense and they are very disciplined. Swedes aren't getting many dangerous chances. Reffing has nothing to do with the result so far and probably won't impact the outcome either.

They have impacted it already. Look at those calls. For f***'s sake.

How can you get out of your own zone if you're forced to kill penalties all the time. It kills all the momentum.

I don't know how the Swedish players and staff can even live with themselves if they end up winning this. ******* disgusting.

How can you get out of your own zone if you're forced to kill penalties all the time. It kills all the momentum.

I don't know how the Swedish players and staff can even live with themselves if they end up winning this.f****** disgusting.

I'm cheering hard for the Swedes but I wouldn't have a problem with this finnish team winning either, they are playing an almost perfect underdog game so far.

but keep in mind that a finnish player should have gotten a 5 minute penalty for his ellbow to the head. So two screw ups on both sides so far other than that, the refs are doing a good job.

I don't know how the Swedish players and staff can even live with themselves if they end up winning this.f****** disgusting.

Chill dude. The Finns have been on the defensive since the 1-0 goal. It's a dangerous tactic and it could end up costing them the win. None of the calls have been bad, they've just been a result of playing all game in the defensive zone, it's kind of amazing the Finns have been able to play defense as cleanly as they have, or rather the Swedes have been bad at forcing them to take more penalties.

Chill dude. The Finns have been on the defensive since the 1-0 goal. It's a dangerous tactic and it could end up costing them the win. None of the calls have been bad, they've just been a result of playing all game in the defensive zone, it's kind of amazing the Finns have been able to play defense as cleanly as they have, or rather the Swedes have been bad at forcing them to take more penalties.

I already explained it all to you.

Yes, usually if you play turtle D you end up losing the game. That doesn't make an excuse for the reffing to make up calls.

5-minute major, yup, they didn't see it obviously. Is it good reffing when you make calls out of thin air after that?

Finns due for a penalty here.

Yeah I leaned from you, you whiny little kid.

The Finnish guy is "little brother" and the Canadian guy is "little kid" ... ok.

Go Finland!

Edited by stillwater

Yep, the Swedes are a bunch of arrogant kids who thought they would have a cakewalk. Swedish Hockey needs to put respect back into the game. Other countries have caught up and winning a gold medal means playing your hearts out.

Yep, the Swedes are a bunch of arrogant kids who thought they would have a cakewalk. Swedish Hockey needs to put respect back into the game. Other countries have caught up and winning a gold medal means playing your hearts out.

And for that same reason canadians lost to russians in the bronze medal game?

And for that same reason canadians lost to russians in the bronze medal game?

It's really not my quote. I stole it from someone else from yesterday when Canada lost and can't understand why it doesn't apply today.

Okeh?

Edited by stillwater