• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#121 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

What penalties did you have a problem with? I believe it was an obvious trip and 2 high sticks. They had to be called. Canada carried the play for over half the game. Power plays usually follow when that happens. US had the advantage in power plays earlier in the game while they were carrying the play

Edited by joesuffP, 31 December 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#122 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

What penalties did you have a problem with? I believe it was an obvious trip and 2 high sticks. They had to be called. Canada carried the play for over half the game. Power plays usually follow when that happens. US had the advantage in power plays earlier in the game while they were carrying the play

Exactly. USA controlled the game early, they got the calls. Canada started to take over, they got the calls. Just the way hockey works. You rarely ever see the team controlling play take a penalty. I thought that was a well officiated game really. None of the penalties called had me rolling my eyes. They were all legit calls. 

Really hoping Canada and USA meet for the gold medal game. Be a lot of fun to watch. 

#123 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Steve Mears calls a good game.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#124 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

Tickets are on sale now for 2015, co-hosted by Toronto and Montreal (who will co-host again in 2017).

The IIHF knows how to butter their bread.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#125 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Of course the team canada fans agree it was called just fine=)

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#126 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:03 PM

Tickets are on sale now for 2015, co-hosted by Toronto and Montreal (who will co-host again in 2017).

The IIHF knows how to butter their bread.

it is toronto in 2015, then montreal in 2017

i will be in attendance for every canada game next toruney :)

Edited by marcaractac, 31 December 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#127 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

United States gets it again in 2018

#128 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Three straight power plays for Canada in the 3rd, 0 for USA.  Thanks refs!!

esteef

Gotta earn em. Canada started outplaying USA. When you're chasing teams you take penalties.

A "terribly" refereed game between the USA and Canada will do that.

The penalty calls were penalties. Every fan us pissed when thwir team loses. USA is gonna give Canada everything they can handle when the twi meet again. But if USA doesn't stay disciplined the result will be the same again.
[quote name="hillbillywingsfan" post="2469403" timestamp="1388544003"]

Of course the team canada fans agree it was called just fine=)[/quote

As stated above, the calls were dictated by what team carried the game and gad possession. The USA kids played Red Wings hockey. Roughly translated, 20 minutes.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#129 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:03 AM

it is toronto in 2015, then montreal in 2017

http://www.hockeycan...Men/Junior/2015

"In 2015, Montreal will host the preliminary round group including Canada’s National Junior Team, as well as two quarter-finals, for a total of 12 tournament games. Toronto will host the other preliminary round group, plus two quarter-finals, the relegation series, fifth-place game, both semifinals and both medal games, for a total of 19 games. Canada will move from Montreal to Toronto for the medal round.

Everything will be reversed in 2017 – Canada’s preliminary round group will play in Toronto, while Montreal will host the medal round. The number of games in each market for 2017 will be finalized at a later date."

#130 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

Canada - Sweden in the finals, I'm calling it now.

#131 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

That's what I've thought from the start, they are the two best teams *if* they are "on".

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#132 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:12 AM

That's a game I believe the Canadians will not win.  Sweden is a mature and strong team with lots of skill.  They are hands down the best team in this tournament, though I hope my Canadian brethren make me eat crow.  3-0 in the pre-tournament for Sweden though says otherwise.  And Canada will have to get by a USA team looking for revenge to get to Sweden, after the US beats Russia all to hell.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#133 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

I hope so, but Sweden usually have troubles with US. I can see Canada-US also.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#134 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

That's a game I believe the Canadians will not win.  Sweden is a mature and strong team with lots of skill.  They are hands down the best team in this tournament, though I hope my Canadian brethren make me eat crow.  3-0 in the pre-tournament for Sweden though says otherwise.  And Canada will have to get by a USA team looking for revenge to get to Sweden, after the US beats Russia all to hell.

Pre tournament games mean very little. I dont know how many games Sweden has won before WJC and during preliminary round only to get beaten when it actually matters.

And FYI, Sweden will meet the winner between US-Russia, if they beat Slovakia. Canada will face the Czechs or the Finns, if they win. Which is a huge advantage for Canada should they advance.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#135 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Pre tournament games mean very little. I dont know how many games Sweden has won before WJC and during preliminary round only to get beaten when it actually matters.

And FYI, Sweden will meet the winner between US-Russia, if they beat Slovakia. Canada will face the Czechs or the Finns, if they win. Which is a huge advantage for Canada should they advance.

Well that's interesting.  I thought the medal round still had the teams in their pools.  Canada vs USA for the gold would be pretty exciting.  Sweden does still look pretty lethal though.

#136 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Sweden for sure has a tough road but they are a very good team, so is Canada.

Compared to last year I don't think team USA has the same level of goaltending and don't forget Canada got Reinhard back, huge improvement to their defense.

Sweden - Canada

Canada - USA

would both absolute fantastic finals

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#137 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

That's how you beat the US team.

Well that and the Canadians wore classy suits and ties and the US wore hoodies on game day, according to Don Cherry

#138 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

Well that and the Canadians wore classy suits and ties and the US wore hoodies on game day, according to Don Cherry

That was some funny stuff.  They had the big Beats by Dr. Dre headphones and everything.

Oh s***!  The USA vs Russia game starts at 6:00 Eastern tomorrow, which means it's almost bed time.  That's gonna be a hell of a game and it'll be much more entertaining than sleep.

#139 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

USA just got scccrrrrrrewed hard on that delay of game call that hit the glass first.  There's definitely gonna be some complaining on here if the American's don't come back and win this one....

#140 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:39 AM

USA just got scccrrrrrrewed hard on that delay of game call that hit the glass first.  There's definitely gonna be some complaining on here if the American's don't come back and win this one....

Unlike the game vs Canada, American fans have a case to be pissed about officiating there