• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MTU_Huskies963

Winter Classic Parking

Rate this topic

Is Parking at the Winter Classic going to be difficult? During Football season majority of the parking is on the golf course, and other grassy areas With the snow it would be difficult to keep these lots open. What are some good options that won't cost an arm and a leg to park at?

Parking is going to be a ***** regardless. From what I've heard, the golf courses will not be opening up their lots for parking for the WC. There are going to be a buttload of shuttles running throughout the city however, so any of the structures downtown or on campus are fair game. The hotels will also have shuttles from their lots as will Briarwood.

Edit: good article about the issue

http://www.freep.com/article/20131221/SPORTS05/312210113/Fans-should-plan-ahead-park-NHL-Winter-Classic

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Parking is going to be a ***** regardless. From what I've heard, the golf courses will not be opening up their lots for parking for the WC. There are going to be a buttload of shuttles running throughout the city however, so any of the structures downtown or on campus are fair game. The hotels will also have shuttles from their lots as will Briarwood.

Edit: good article about the issue

http://www.freep.com/article/20131221/SPORTS05/312210113/Fans-should-plan-ahead-park-NHL-Winter-Classic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=689507

I found this too detailing all the shuttle routes and the free parking at the park and rides. Just keep in mind the parking is free but the shuttle is $4 per person. There is a disclaimer though *Patrick Kane will be riding along in the NHL shuttle to assure passengers give exact change*

I'm gonna park my ass on the sofa...5 feet away from an hdtv...12 feet away from cold beer/snacks...10 feet away from the bathroom (no lines).

That was helpful. Are we supposed to be jealous? You do realize everyone that is going to the game had the option to do what you're going to do.

I'm going to avoid parking on campus, if you think parking is going to be bad, leaving will be even worse.

I'm gonna park my ass on the sofa...5 feet away from an hdtv...12 feet away from cold beer/snacks...10 feet away from the bathroom (no lines).

Yeah, well, I'll be at the Wings/Leafs game with 110,000 rabid hockey fans making history. This also follows the day that I'll spend watching Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Federov play at Comerica Park.

Yeah, well, I'll be at the Wings/Leafs game with 110,000 rabid hockey fans making history. This also follows the day that I'll spend watching Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Federov play at Comerica Park.

Most rabid fans I know spell it Fedorov. Sorry, couldn't help myself :bye: . Other than losing the golf courses, which are alot of spaces, I'm sure that the residents will be parking on their lawns, just like football Saturdays. Just have to get their early, and probably pay the same or a bit more than for football. $10(with a walk) up to $50(across from the stadium) for football.

Most rabid fans I know spell it Fedorov. Sorry, couldn't help myself :bye: . Other than losing the golf courses, which are alot of spaces, I'm sure that the residents will be parking on their lawns, just like football Saturdays. Just have to get their early, and probably pay the same or a bit more than for football. $10(with a walk) up to $50(across from the stadium) for football.

Heh. At least I didn't say Lindstrom.