• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Is Parking at the Winter Classic going to be difficult? During Football season majority of the parking is on the golf course, and other grassy areas With the snow it would be difficult to keep these lots open. What are some good options that won't cost an arm and a leg to park at?

#2 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

I've been trying to figure this out as well. I don't think there's a lot of options other than leaving at 6-8 AM and hoping to get lucky. 

#3 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

All I have heard is to expect to shell out $50-100 on parking.

#4 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Parking is going to be a ***** regardless. From what I've heard, the golf courses will not be opening up their lots for parking for the WC. There are going to be a buttload of shuttles running throughout the city however, so any of the structures downtown or on campus are fair game. The hotels will also have shuttles from their lots as will Briarwood.

Edit: good article about the issue

http://www.freep.com...-Winter-Classic

Edited by BottleOfSmoke, 26 December 2013 - 02:43 PM.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#5 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

Parking is going to be a ***** regardless. From what I've heard, the golf courses will not be opening up their lots for parking for the WC. There are going to be a buttload of shuttles running throughout the city however, so any of the structures downtown or on campus are fair game. The hotels will also have shuttles from their lots as will Briarwood.

Edit: good article about the issue

http://www.freep.com...-Winter-Classic

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=689507

I found this too detailing all the shuttle routes and the free parking at the park and rides. Just keep in mind the parking is free but the shuttle is $4 per person. There is a disclaimer though *Patrick Kane will be riding along in the NHL shuttle to assure passengers give exact change*

#6 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Ohhh noooo.  My wife is pregnant and therefore cannot walk long distances.  She has temp handicapped sticker, wondering if anyone knows if there is a designated spot?

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#7 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=689507
  There is a disclaimer though *Patrick Kane will be riding along in the NHL shuttle to assure passengers give exact change*

God dammit

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#8 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'm gonna park my ass on the sofa...5 feet away from an hdtv...12 feet away from cold beer/snacks...10 feet away from the bathroom (no lines).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#9 ToledoWingsFan

ToledoWingsFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

I thought I saw somewhere that there will be parking, and a shuttle, at the Briarwood Mall. Has anyone else heard this?

Never mind. Just read the Free Press article.

Edited by ToledoWingsFan, 26 December 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#10 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

For $50+ for parking, I'd want to see the ghost of "Bo" Schembechler wearing a safety bib and directing you to your spot.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#11 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

http://www.mlive.com...gating_spo.html

This might be worth the read for those of you still looking for parking

#12 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm gonna park my ass on the sofa...5 feet away from an hdtv...12 feet away from cold beer/snacks...10 feet away from the bathroom (no lines).

That was helpful. Are we supposed to be jealous? You do realize everyone that is going to the game had the option to do what you're going to do.

I'm going to avoid parking on campus, if you think parking is going to be bad, leaving will be even worse.

#13 Paul MacLean's Mustache

Paul MacLean's Mustache

Rookie

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

http://www.mlive.com...gating_spo.html

This might be worth the read for those of you still looking for parking

Thanks for the link. Just saved a ton of money for a short walk.

#14 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, well, I'll be at the Wings/Leafs game with 110,000 rabid hockey fans making history.  This also follows the day that I'll spend watching Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Federov play at Comerica Park.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#15 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, well, I'll be at the Wings/Leafs game with 110,000 rabid hockey fans making history.  This also follows the day that I'll spend watching Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Federov play at Comerica Park.

Most rabid fans I know spell it Fedorov. Sorry, couldn't help myself :bye: . Other than losing the golf courses, which are alot of spaces, I'm sure that the residents will be parking on their lawns, just like football Saturdays. Just have to get their early, and probably pay the same or a bit more than for football. $10(with a walk) up to $50(across from the stadium) for football.

#16 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

Most rabid fans I know spell it Fedorov. Sorry, couldn't help myself :bye: . Other than losing the golf courses, which are alot of spaces, I'm sure that the residents will be parking on their lawns, just like football Saturdays. Just have to get their early, and probably pay the same or a bit more than for football. $10(with a walk) up to $50(across from the stadium) for football.

Heh.  At least I didn't say Lindstrom.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid