• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HIFI_canadian

Hockeytown authentics is not really authentic

Rate this topic

So bless my woman but she recently bought me an authentic Tomas Tatar jersey from Hockeytown authentics. The jersey looks really sharp however its made in Indonesia.After reading how all authentic jerseys are made in canada and the reviews, im alittle upset that Hockeytown authentics sold a made in Indonesia jersey and not a made in canada jersey. Has anyone else have the same experience?

Not all authentic jerseys are made in Canada. I have seen NHL.com specifically state theirs are from China. Maybe not now, but I know they had that on their site at once (at a minimum for customized jerseys).

Having said that, it's a bummer you didn't get what you intended.

Not all authentic jerseys are made in Canada. I have seen NHL.com specifically state theirs are from China. Maybe not now, but I know they had that on their site at once (at a minimum for customized jerseys).

Having said that, it's a bummer you didn't get what you intended.

Exactly, true authentic Reebok jerseys are made in both Canada and Indonesia. It is absolutely authentic believe it or not, I could see where your concern comes from but what you received is a true and real Reebok jersey. It's not the problem of "Hockeytown Authentics" because it's where Reebok has their official jerseys made, the information that they are only made in Canada is incorrect. They are advertising it and selling it properly.

From SportsK:

"New authentics are made by Reebok in Indonesia same as the premier jerseys. We prefer made in Canada but they are not offered. This can be googled for further info."

Like others have said, they're legit. It's a reebok issue, not a Hockeytown Authentics issue.

Edit: and by legit we mean as legit as you're going to get unless A. you're an NHL player or B. you buy game-worn.

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Not going to beat a dead horse but two things I noticed about the article the OP posted.

First thing is the fact that it's a blog written by a fan which makes the information more opinion based opposed to factual. Also, the article was written in February 2012, which was nearly two years ago and the transition of jerseys from Reebok has changed since this date.

Information on NHL "authentic" jerseys

By RedWingFanInNC on Feb 1 2012, 7:29p

Point being, you can rest assured that your wife got what she paid for and this is about as good as it gets as far as NHL jerseys go except like BottleofSmoke mentioned you get a game worn jersey.

I just wish they would sell exactly what the players wear on the ice. I bought a game used practice jersey and it was much heavier and cut differently.

Dont get me wrong, I love the jersey but when they say authentic, I expect the same jersey the pros wear

Great choice for a jersey. I was considering what to get for my next one, and since I've been a Tats fan since he first came to camp in 2009, I've been leaning towards a #21 for a while now.

I highly recommend it, it's a sharp looking jersey. I have a Jimmy Howard Authentic Winter Classic jersey and My last name authentic CCM Jersey (white).

http://postimg.org/image/io3jdulyt/

I really want to get a Mantha or Athanasiou Jersey once they are developed.

Edited by HIFI_canadian

I just wish they would sell exactly what the players wear on the ice. I bought a game used practice jersey and it was much heavier and cut differently.

Dont get me wrong, I love the jersey but when they say authentic, I expect the same jersey the pros wear

I think the only way you'll get the heavier jersey is if you get the game worn ones. My guess is it's too expensive to mass produce jerseys to the quality that the players have. I do miss those days of the good CCM heavier weight jerseys (compared to the ones now)

That's the thing with high prized so called premium quality, they are still getting produced in cheap production countries, resulting in good but far from superb quality. It's a nice present but I would ask them to send a made in Canada one.

Got some nice gloves as a present luckily some gfs do have a great taste ;)

That's the thing with high prized so called premium quality, they are still getting produced in cheap production countries, resulting in good but far from superb quality. It's a nice present but I would ask them to send a made in Canada one. Got some nice gloves as a present luckily some gfs do have a great taste ;)

I agree. My girlfriend spent $300 for a Authentic Jersey and the tag says "Wear what the pros wear". Then I expect the same thing the pros wear. Fortunately this jersey is high quality and I compared it the other day with the game used jersey. The only thing that was missing was the stitching around where the elbow pads are at. I left a voicemail with someone higher up at Hockeytown authentics.

Ugh, Reeeeebok!!!!! I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I haven't shopped for a jersey in a while, but when looking for a winter classic authentic I ran into the Indonesian made "authentic" edge jerseys (indo-edge). I wouldn't mind if they dropped the price on these, but they're still charging a premium. And as stated above, they market them as "what the pros wear" which is a lie.

You used to be able to get a real good quality replica back in the day, when CCM, Koho, Nike, etc made them. Materials were nice, constructions was great, and they last forever. Reebok replicas are not as nice, with thin material. Looks like the authentics are going down the same path.

There are still ways to get authentic Edge 2.0 jerseys just like the team wears, some Canadian shops sell them. Frozen Pond had them, but they look to be sold out. You can get the regular team jersey though: http://www.frozenpond.com/category/hockey-jerseys.html

It's Canadian made, and is the exact item they're going to wear on the ice.

Edited by ACallToArms