• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Leafs/Wings 24/7 Episode 3 Discussion (12/28)

Rate this topic

I loved that his little kids speak Swedish. And I loved the outdoor segment with Z skating on someone's backyard pond. That's what I've been looking for. Dano embarrassing Pasha with the Siri version of Who's the Magic Man? Not some Leaf's million dollar condo and dressing room at home, that's bigger than my entire house.

Guest Playmaker

I loved that his little kids speak Swedish. And I loved the outdoor segment with Z skating on someone's backyard pond. That's what I've been looking for. Dano embarrassing Pasha with the Siri version of Who's the Magic Man? Not some Leaf's million dollar condo and dressing room at home, that's bigger than my entire house.

Right, because all the Wings live in the projects in Detroit.

What exactly is a "good goal" anyway? As opposed to a bad goal? I hate when goals are reviewed and they say it's a "good goal". It's not a good goal or a bad goal, its either a goal or its not.

Right, because all the Wings live in the projects in Detroit.

What exactly is a "good goal" anyway? As opposed to a bad goal? I hate when goals are reviewed and they say it's a "good goal". It's not a good goal or a bad goal, its either a goal or its not.

Did you mean to quote my post? Since I referred to none of what you are mentioning? :bye:

Guest Playmaker

Yes, I was referencing your mention of not wanting to see some Leaf's "million dollar condo". So what do you think the Wings live in?

Also, Zetterberg was skating in his backyard pond. It didn't really look like a modest neighborhood.

The reference to the good goal thing was not in reference to your post, just an observation from the show when the goal in NY was being reviewed.

Shocked to see an Eddie Bo sighting.

Yes, I was referencing your mention of not wanting to see some Leaf's "million dollar condo". So what do you think the Wings live in?

Also, Zetterberg was skating in his backyard pond. It didn't really look like a modest neighborhood.

The reference to the good goal thing was not in reference to your post, just an observation from the show when the goal in NY was being reviewed.

Shocked to see an Eddie Bo sighting.

I believe puckloo is well aware of how the Wings live.

I thought you were talking about the gunshot reference. I am aware none of the Wings live in burned out homes downtown, yes. The back yard ice rink was not at Zetterberg's home, unless we were watching different shows. I'll go back and re-watch it, though. Not that it matters.

This episode was better than the last two, at least. Still not interested in the Leafs at all. I am a flawed RED WINGS fan, so that might be my problem. ;)

Guest Playmaker

I thought you were talking about the gunshot reference. I am aware none of the Wings live in burned out homes downtown, yes. The back yard ice rink was not at Zetterberg's home, unless we were watching different shows. I'll go back and re-watch it, though. Not that it matters.

This episode was better than the last two, at least. Still not interested in the Leafs at all. I am a flawed RED WINGS fan, so that might be my problem. ;)

"A man has lived on this property for 3 years, but this Christmas Day is the first time Henrik Zetterberg has skated on his back yard pond"

I would take that as meaning it's his house. That was what the show that I watched said. Cleary, not staged at all by the 24/7 crew ;)

But no, it doesn't matter. I guess I just didn't get the implication of your comment about the Leaf's million dollar condo and dressing room being bigger than your house. I interpreted it as the Leafs players live extravagantly, while the Wings players don't.

The whole water bottle debacle was hilarious. My wife and I were laughing since they sound like our 5 and 6 year-olds fighting over a Barbie.

I was waiting for the ref to give them a 'time out' and make them go sit in the corner - not a penalty - but an actual time out.. haha

Also, when goalies "freeze" the puck. They're not actually freezing it!

A few complaints:

- They sort of skimped on the two wins at the beginning, didn't they? Ours, in particular (the overtime thriller against the Flames). I get that the centerpiece needed to be the WC preview, but, I dunno, it gave me a weird impression. "Oh, hey, by the way, these two teams who keep losing actually won. It was nice. But we're most interested in losses, because that's our whole narrative dealy. DRAMA!"

- Repetition. Predictability. Carlyle overkill. Too much locker room stuff. Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if it were the first or second episode, but by this point we know how the coaches and players are going to feel about x or y developments, and that every single player in the NHL says, "f***in' right(, boys)!" every chance he gets.

- Hockey players skating on outdoor rinks and ponds. Is it the Winter Classic? No? Then I really don't care, tbh. Unless there's, like, a hooker there, or something.

- Phaneuf's extension. It took too long. And, for the record, I would be saying the same thing about a Datsyuk or Zetterberg extension. Unless there was a hooker in the background, or something.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the episode. I did. I'm not even saying it was a big let down. I guess I just felt like, overall, it was too much stuff we'd already seen, and some questionable points of focus for the non-game segments. I'm sure it'd be a lot more enjoyable for us if our team hadn't s*** the bed this month. But what can you do...