• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Rangers could be shopping Girardi

Rate this topic

The New York Rangers have been trying to shake up their roster, but GM Glen Sather hasn't been able to pull the trigger on a trade. 
Sather has been actively shopping defenseman Michael Del Zotto, and the Ottawa Sun reports blueline Dan Girardi is also available. 

Girardi, 29, is in the final year of his current contract and can become an unrestricted free agent next summer. 
The NHL is currently in a roster freeze, which is lifted at 12:01 am, Dec. 28. 

Several teams have expressed an interest in Del Zotto, but the Rangers are looking for upgrades and want to package Del Zotto in a deal for a top-tier player. 

According to the Sun, the Rangers are willing to entertain calls for just about anyone except Rick Nash, Henrik Lundqvist and Chris Kreider. 

The Rangers had been fielding calls for Kreider earlier in the season, but it appears he's no longer on the block. 

Sather would like to keep Girardi, but he might be entertaining offers if he finds himself unable to sign the former All-Star to a contract extension. 

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr131222.html

Your thoughts/offers?

Discuss

I guess they would want some offense coming back, so maybe Jurco + a pick?

If jurcos the cost, then hell no.

He's a future first line winger, with the size up front we need and the european skill that thus club lives and die by.

Plus, I really don't want to have to root for new York, which I will have to if jurcs gets shipped there.

He's already one of my favorite players