• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Blockbuster deal?

Rate this topic

Trading a scoring forward when your team lacks scoring is a bad idea. Trading your good goalie when your defense sucks is also a bad idea. I like Gus, but does anyone really think he will stay consistent and perform as a starter? Maybe, but that's a huge gamble.

I'd rather trade prospects for anotger stable defender to replace Quincey or Kindl. We have tons of prospects and can't use them all.

Of course, then there are cap issues.

So basically, no trades this year.

Trading your good goalie when your defense sucks is also a bad idea. I like Gus, but does anyone really think he will stay consistent and perform as a starter? Maybe, but that's a huge gamble.

Not unless he learns to control those rebounds. If not, he will never be anything more than a back up.

Nobody here has any faith in the players we have huh?

Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Mantha, Sproul, Quellet.... On top of Helm, Abdelkador, Dekeyser, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Franzen, Ericsson and Miller.

All good pieces from top 6 to bottom 6 and defense. I don't think our team can afford to acquire a free agent that requires a big salary or we will be kissing these players good-bye in the near future.

Nyquist and Tatar already showed that they are going to be a big part of our future. Jurco already showed us that he will be a good NHL player in the very near future. At 20 years old this kid came up played in the top 6 and looked solid all-around. Sproul and Mantha are to far away to tell still, but on the plus side they are the most promising prospects we had in along time.

Our future is bright and near. Our team this year will be tough once we get healthy and on rythem. Don't underestimate our team. We as of right now have the deepest forward unit we have had in years. Our team stays healthy and a couple of your D step up and we are contenders this year

Trading Howard would be foolish. You want to ride Gustavsson, who has been bad far more often in his career than he has been good (as happy as I am with his play this year), and Mrazek, a kid who can barely find his ass with both hands and a map when it comes to NHL hockey?

Whoever actually wants that...good luck to you.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg

I would for sure swap Howard for Miller.

I don't think they would take Tootoo, but heck, throw Quincey and Kindl in along with a pick/prospect for Ott and Erhoff.

to BUF: Jimmy Howard, Kyle Quincey, Jakub Kindl, Prospect (Ferraro maybe)

to DET: Ryan Miller, Steve Ott, Christain Erhoff

Blockbuster!

pumpkin...many players with NMC/NTC have been traded and moved. They simply yea or nay a trade and agree to waive their clause. It happens a lot. NMC or not ANYONE is tradeable, it just takes a little more cooperation.

I agree with you pumpkin, but I was just responding to you saying Howard CAN'T be traded, when in fact, he can.

But ya, Wings won't trade him because they stick with the guys they draft no matter how bad they become (Franzen) and continue to hope they return to the form they had a few years ago...so ya, you are right no matter how crappy Howard becomes and how many game he costs them, he won't be asked to waive his NTC.

Gotta love that Ken Holland and some of the things he does!

Trading Howard would be unwise and a safe way to take is us out of the elite team category.

Detroit isn't an elite team. They are literally middle of the pack, at 15th out of 30 teams in league. I say go for bust and line up for the McDavid lottery. I am not down on Howard, but, people either severely over rate him or underrate him. He's a Chris Osgood, not a Manny Legace or a Hasek. He's going to be pretty good most of the time, great sometimes, but, beyond that a product of the team that's in front of him.

Detroit isn't an elite team. They are literally middle of the pack, at 15th out of 30 teams in league. I say go for bust and line up for the McDavid lottery. I am not down on Howard, but, people either severely over rate him or underrate him. He's a Chris Osgood, not a Manny Legace or a Hasek. He's going to be pretty good most of the time, great sometimes, but, beyond that a product of the team that's in front of him.

Sadly, this seems to be the only way to obtain an elite roster. Look at Pittsburgh, Chicago, Colorado, and even St. Louis to a degree. They all had multiple bad seasons and picked up a core of top guys and then simply added affordable pieces around them. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see in any of our prospects steals like Datsyuk and Zetterberg in them, although Mantha has looked impressive so far.

Trade? Sure. But as always to get high end talent, you have to pay for it. Now if you look at our team you see a bunch of role players, a few stars-all 32 or older, and a bunch of young talent under 25. We have no stars between 25 and 32. There is a big hole in that regard. The real question is what do you give up?

if you look at next year, we currently have 14 forwards under team control for the 14/15 season: datsyuk, Z, franzen, Weiss, 22, Abby, helm, tatar, nyquist, Jurco, Sheahan, Anderson, Miller, and Glendening. That about empties GR of NHL ready talent at F. Maybe Puk and jarnkrok but both look like they need another year or 2. Mantha is coming, but he needs a full year in pro hockey before he joins the varsity.

On D it is pretty much the same. Kronwall, Ericsson, DD, lashoff, Smith, and Kindal are all under control for next season, with almquist, Oullett, marchenko, and Sproul looking like they are ready for next season.

That doesn't leave much room to add players. But we do need to do so.

if you are looking at where we have a surplus it is on the D. With the new rules in the CBA you only have 3 years of minor league control, then players have to make the varsity or you lose them. we have 10 Dmen that are or are really close to being NHL ready. That means we have 2 extra that we can move. Now if we were to take a Kindal and say Almquist, what could we get for them? Don't know. But that is the type of package we can put together to pick up another player. What do we need? IMHO RW's with size and scoring ability. Out of the 14 forwards that could make our lineup next year, only 2 are RHed.

I don't think we need a trade to be honest. Our "core" of players is pretty great, especially at forward:

-Zetterberg

-Datsyuk

-Alfie

-Franzen

-Nyquist

-Tatar

-Bertuzzi

-Helm

-Andersson

-Abby

I'm sure 25 other coaches in the league would love to play with this roster-note who I didn't mention...On D I think we are pretty solid too & trading Howard is not the way to go, he has slipped this far but I wager he bounces back and will be undoubtedly ready for the spring.

In all I feel health (obviously) is our main issue, we have the ability to ice perhaps the most offensively deep lineup when 100% healthy-will that ever happen? Here is hoping because I LOVE this team LGW!

-Edit: on second thought I would like to trade Wiess & Cleary for Brunner. Thank you :)

I am not a CBA expert, but the rules did change on this. IIRC and trust me I could be wrong, once a player signs his first contract, there is a 3 year window before waivers are required.

Not that simple. There's many factors including age, position and games played.

For example:

18 year old Goalie - 6 years exemption - 80 NHL games allowed.

18 year old Player - 5 years exemption - 160 NHL games allowed.

21 year old Goalie - 4 years exemption - 60 NHL games allowed.

21 year old Player - 3 years exemption - 80 NHL games allowed.