• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/30 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Predators 6

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Howard single handedly lost this game

Generally this is an exaggeration, but tonight it's spot-on.

He should have been yanked after three.

Getting scored upon 5 goals is unacceptable for a team that has a good night when it scores 3. Never seen Howard play that bad but the D was also atrocious. And a bad playing D always make your goalie look worse than he is.

As I said in Saturdays GDT : Start the Monster, he earned it right now.

Edited by derblaueClaus

Howard gives us a save or two tonight, and we win. That's the bottom line, after the Abby fight, the Wings absolutely dominated the game. Gave up 2 odd man rushes, and they ended up in our net. Gus for the WC, please.

Any way we can pick up a Kings goalie once Quick returns?

our defense can't actually play defense, nor can it transition to offense

gotta be able to do at least one of those things to have a chance in this league

or have a goalie who can stand on his head night in and night out

we haven't had any of those things this season

we never adequately replaced the losses of Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Stuart, and I know there's no replacing a guy like Nick, but it seems Holland really has effed up the entire D corps the last couple of years

Wings had no energy for the first period and a half, but right after that hit from behind on Hank, they got going. Why did they have no energy?

Well it is simple. Howard was letting almost everything in. It is very deflating for a team when your goalie is letting in what should be very routine saves. He let in 3 goals tonight that should have been saved, and Monster would have saved. In my opinion, Monster should be our starter until Howard gives us reason to believe otherwise.

Aside from goaltending, I thought the Wings really dug deep in the 3rd and worked hard. Pavs and Hank looked much better playing together, Abby and Helm had fantastic games, Kronners, Danny D, Quincy all had strong games. Smith had the one shift he messed up on, but we would not even be talking about that had Howard covered the puck when he had the chance.

Lastly, Eaves once again had a great game!!! IT BAFFLES ME that Babcock sits a guy like Eaves for CLEARY who does nothing!

my heartis broken that we dropped both games to Nashville its Phx all over again and a bottom feeding team lets hope maybe the classic is affecting these guys heads and we come out than and after blazing