• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/30 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Predators 6

Rate this topic

you know whats crazy? is that we are pretty close to being healthy we are missing Frazen Weiss and Ericsson now we know Weiss is done for awhile but his been non exsistent so far we get Johan and Ericsson back and we are still like this than what? I mean its scary this team looks good on paper but so far is a bubble team at best

Khan and St James tweeting that babs is starting howard for the winter classic

And this is why I can't stand Babcock. This WC is not just a friggin show it's still a regular home game and we need to win. Obviously Babock doesn't get this and hasn't for a long time.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Just saw the "highlights" Damn, I wish Jimmy could figure out what is vexing him and get back on track. Not as much help from the D as there has been in the past.

You can't blame this one the D. Just can't. The worst defensive breakdown was probably on the 4th goal and that was a rather weak shot along the ice, one that most goalies in the NHL excel at stopping. Gustavsson for example is great at taking away the bottom of the net. It somehow got under Howie though.

Then there were a couple of unscreened wrist shots. At least 1 or 2 HAVE to be stopped by a #1 goalie.

The Classic could get ugly if Howard is indeed starting.

What happens when you put together a bad year from Jimmy Howard and missing time with an injury? You get the abomination we all had the privilege of watching tonight.

At least they scored four goals. It could have been worse, as we have seen this season.

They just can't really seem to put together the "we've figured out how to put the puck in the net" days with the "we've figured out how to stop the puck" days. They have, however, figured out how to do neither on occasion.

I still think this team has what it takes to go deep if they get this stupid 24/7 thing out of their heads and focus on wins but they also are all thinking about the Olympics I think this has a lot to do with it im not making excuses but this plus the injuries this year are stopping this team from having any chemistry the need to start over on the 1st different year different aspect

Ive been one of the biggest Howard defenders on here this year. Tonight is the first night I can honestly say there is no defending his play. Giving up 5 goals to one of the worst offensive teams in the league. 3 goals you would expect a junior goalie to be able to handle with ease. Sickening.

At least they scored four goals. It could have been worse, as we have seen this season.

They just can't really seem to put together the "we've figured out how to put the puck in the net" days with the "we've figured out how to stop the puck" days. They have, however, figured out how to do neither on occasion.

I actually think scoring 4 goals made the loss worse.

Jesus, it's as if because you're on the internet it's accepted to act like a ten year old imbecile. It's a constant bitchfest on just about everyone's part, where people wake up each day and decide to express their daily whims(few of which hold any sense). The only thing that is a bigger mess than this team right now is this board. It sounds like a majority of you look at the previous page and see everyone bashing on a given subject so you do it too because it's the cool thing to do.

What an impulsive bunch. Howard's not some second year tweener with no track record. He's 29 years old on his fifth season in the nhl. He's stood on his head and performed among the leagues top goalies year after year. Took the team team to the playoffs, on a major account of his consistent play. Way to not overreact everyone.

But you're right, sit him for the season, and see if he can come back next year.

quote name="PuckY18" post="2469026" timestamp="1388464619"]

Jesus, it's as if because you're on the internet it's accepted to act like a ten year old imbecile. It's a constant bitchfest on just about everyone's part, where people wake up each day and decide to express their daily whims(few of which hold any sense). The only thing is a bigger mess than this team right now is this board. It sounds like a majority of you look at the previous page and see everyone bashing on a given subject so you do it too because it's the cool thing to do.

What an impulsive bunch. Howard's not some second year tweener with no track record. He's 29 years old on his fifth season in the nhl. He's stood on his head and performed among the leagues top goalies year after year. Took the team team to the playoffs, on a major account of his consistent play. Way to not overreact everyone.

But you're right, sit him for the season, and see if he can come back next year.

What the hell are you talking about? Howard was bad today he was the reason we lost the game seeing that does not make one an imbecile. I'm a big Howard fan and have been for years, but that doesn't mean I'm going to live in denial about the quality of his play. I by no means want to bench him for the season but I have no problem admitting how bad he has played. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I'm going to bury my head in the sand. Anyway, that's my perspective everybody is entitled to their own.

Edited by wings87

Jesus, it's as if because you're on the internet it's accepted to act like a ten year old imbecile. It's a constant bitchfest on just about everyone's part, where people wake up each day and decide to express their daily whims(few of which hold any sense). The only thing that is a bigger mess than this team right now is this board. It sounds like a majority of you look at the previous page and see everyone bashing on a given subject so you do it too because it's the cool thing to do.

And Howard didn't play good today; Babcock said so himself. Have a little faith in something though. Playing him Wednesday in a premier game like this is the right choice, because he's the number 1 coming off an injury. If I would count on any goalie in the league to come out of a funk like this it'd be Howard, because he's shown such consistency.

Guest Crymson

I think Babcock is trying to get fired and ditch this sinking ship

And now you've begun exaggerating.