• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/30 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Predators 6

Rate this topic

I actually think scoring 4 goals made the loss worse.

So... you would have preferred that the team just suck it up on all fronts? It is worse that they were actually capable of generating offense, albeit in a losing effort due to terrible goal tending... that's worse than it would have been if they had gotten shut out 5-0 or 6-0? I do not agree or I misunderstand your point of view. Please explain.

So... you would have preferred that the team just suck it up on all fronts? It is worse that they were actually capable of generating offense, albeit in a losing effort due to terrible goal tending... that's worse than it would have been if they had gotten shut out 5-0 or 6-0? I do not agree or I misunderstand your point of view. Please explain.

I think I get where he's coming from. It's the sheer facepalmness of it all. We're down 3-1, looks like it's going to be twelve games before we score another goal. "Man," we think, "if only we could score three goals in this here third period. Wouldn't that be something?" Dats gets us off to a great start, our offense comes alive in the third period...and we lose, 6-4. *palmface*

Look a t the positives the more this edition sucks, the more changes will come in the off-season. I've said it all along no matter the outcome of this season, a serious house cleaning and change of playstyle will be needed. Given the less than good UFA list, not an easy task but thats why Kenny is getting paid big bucks..

It was Howie's first game in a while. It was not a good night for him, but I have faith he will get better.

With players getting injured, and now players coming back, the line up is different from game to game. It's gonna take a few games to get going again, especially for those who are just coming back. It is frustrating to see, but I can understand that they aren't gonna play lights out hockey over night just because a few players are back.

On the bright side, it was nice to see the team keep fighting back when they were down, rather than just give up like they did against the isles. There are positives to take out the game for sure. It's just a matter of being patient and give the guys a chance to get into a rhythm . It's one thing to have 1 or 2 players out, and then come back into the line up. It doesn't change the line up all that much. But when we were at a time with 8-9 guys out? It's gonna take a bit. They will slowly but surly get better. Bring on the Leafs!

Howard is just never clutch anymore. I actually think this game was a positive for the team, minus Howard for whom the game was a revealing disaster. The Wings scored 4 goals on the road and only 1 given up was due to bad defense. The rest was Howard looking like a clown. If Detroit can keep up the scoring, the team will do fine with Monster in the net, or Jimmy if he can gain the confidence to hold a lead. I've been a supporter of Howard his entire career until about 3 weeks ago when I recognized, along with most people on the boards, that he just isn't showing what it takes to "win" games.

Edited by themcityblues

I think I get where he's coming from. It's the sheer facepalmness of it all. We're down 3-1, looks like it's going to be twelve games before we score another goal. "Man," we think, "if only we could score three goals in this here third period. Wouldn't that be something?" Dats gets us off to a great start, our offense comes alive in the third period...and we lose, 6-4. *palmface*

Barabbas16, Dabura said it perfectly us getting close and losing is like Lucy with the football from Charlie Brown.

And yes on some level I would have preferred us tanking the game because with the way this team is built letting a game where we score 4 goals get away is unacceptable. It'll probably be another 10 games before they score 4 goals again, so yeah I would have preferred to not waste a 4 goal game.

Guest Playmaker

I feel like trading Jimmy Howard is not the worst idea in history.

He has a NMC through 2014-15 and a NTC after that. A trade is not happening.

And Howard didn't play good today; Babcock said so himself. Have a little faith in something though. Playing him Wednesday in a premier game like this is the right choice, because he's the number 1 coming off an injury. If I would count on any goalie in the league to come out of a funk like this it'd be Howard, because he's shown such consistency.

All the hoopla aside, this is an important regular season game, with 2 desperately needed points against a division rival. Gus should play.

To save me from wading through 25 pages of Howard being tarred and feathered, could someone tell me who was doing the colour commentary with Ken last night?

And Pavel with a one-time slapshot! Don't know that I've ever seen that (work) before. See, its not all doom and gloom :)

To save me from wading through 25 pages of Howard being tarred and feathered, could someone tell me who was doing the colour commentary with Ken last night?

And Pavel with a one-time slapshot! Don't know that I've ever seen that (work) before. See, its not all doom and gloom :)

It was Daren Eliot.

Jesus, it's as if because you're on the internet it's accepted to act like a ten year old imbecile. It's a constant bitchfest on just about everyone's part, where people wake up each day and decide to express their daily whims(few of which hold any sense). The only thing that is a bigger mess than this team right now is this board. It sounds like a majority of you look at the previous page and see everyone bashing on a given subject so you do it too because it's the cool thing to do.

What an impulsive bunch. Howard's not some second year tweener with no track record. He's 29 years old on his fifth season in the nhl. He's stood on his head and performed among the leagues top goalies year after year. Took the team team to the playoffs, on a major account of his consistent play. Way to not overreact everyone.

But you're right, sit him for the season, and see if he can come back next year.

And you're no better for bitching yourself? Hey this is how we fans act. It doesn't matter what team you cheer for we all act the same. We are passionate about this sport and our team. :)

Strangely I think that is what it will take to give this team a big time makeover

i honestly don't think the team needs a huge makeover. when healthy our forward group is very good.

we have the problem that many teams lack. good puck moving defenseman. it all starts from back there when the forwards can't get the puck.

kronwall, ericsson, dekeyser is what we have that is good......currently smith, lashoff, kindl, quincey are not. we have a sever drop between the top 3 and bottom 3.

i honestly don't think the team needs a huge makeover. when healthy our forward group is very good.

we have the problem that many teams lack. good puck moving defenseman. it all starts from back there when the forwards can't get the puck.

kronwall, ericsson, dekeyser is what we have that is good......currently smith, lashoff, kindl, quincey are not. we have a sever drop between the top 3 and bottom 3.

Smith will be fine. He just needs more time and not be paired with Quincey or Kindl.

Smith will be fine. He just needs more time and not be paired with Quincey or Kindl.

Wasn't Smith paired with Kronwall last night when he turned the puck over about six times because of Mike Fisher's forecheck? Like everyone else, I think Smith will eventually get better. How much better is still subject to debate. But let's not make excuses for his screw ups, he played with the top dog last night and looked like garbage. That's not Quincey or Kind's fault.

Wasn't Smith paired with Kronwall last night when he turned the puck over about six times because of Mike Fisher's forecheck? Like everyone else, I think Smith will eventually get better. How much better is still subject to debate. But let's not make excuses for his screw ups, he played with the top dog last night and looked like garbage. That's not Quincey or Kind's fault.

All I'm saying is that Smith needs more time. It's is first full year and we all know it takes longer for defensemen to reach their full potential.