#23 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

A healthy Helm is a nice thing. 

A healthy helm is a great thing.
And for everyone saying how much theyre excited for the lines, with Tatar on the first, I have bad news Babcock changes the lines every 5 minutes.
and to the people who are upset with the lines I have great news, babcock changes the lines every 5 minutes.

Ha.
And I've stated this multiple times, I love jurco.
I hope to hell the brass and babs have seen how amazing he's been despite his MINIMAL mistakes, and leave him up permanently.
Kids got drive, and the talent and size to back it up.
He seems perfect for a baptism-by-fire, change of pace from our usual over-ripening.

Edit.
Has anyone bought a jurco jersey yet?

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 30 December 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#24 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

This line up looks great! Hopefully Howie has a good game, he'll probably be riled up from being chosen to represent! LGW
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#25 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I agree they should switch Tomas and Tomas in those lines, but its still the best forward lineup they've iced in quite some times.

Posted Image

#26 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

D pairs are per Khan:

Kronner-Smitty
Deke-quincey
Lashoff-Kindl

Interesting to say the least, smitty is not a top d man but him and quinceys inability to play together leaves us with this. Hoping for the best.

#27 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

The real red wings are all back Zetterberg Datsyuk Helm Dekeyser love the 4! Haven't been many games seeing them all in lineup together.

#28 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

D pairs are per Khan:

Kronner-Smitty
Deke-quincey
Lashoff-Kindl

Interesting to say the least, smitty is not a top d man but him and quinceys inability to play together leaves us with this. Hoping for the best.

I like these pairings. They seem to have a lot more balance in each pairing. Would love to see it like this when E comes back, except move Smith down to play with Deke, and keep the top pairing as it has always been

#29 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Little problem with that theory..

11/19/13 - In his FIFTH NHL appearance, Marek Mazanec stopped all 27 shots he faced for his first NHL shutout to lead the Nashville Predators to a 2-0 win against the Red Wings.

Nothing's a given. 

http://www.nhl.com/g...p?id=2013020316

Just an expert tweet on the bleacherreport wings feed stating that "if all goes well for howard tonight, he'll get the start in the WC"

Heres to hoping we stomp the preds.

I honestly think we will win tonight. we have most of our team back, should be able to score 4 and hopefully only give up 1-2. Also Rinne isnt in net so we should be able to captitalize.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#30 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Alright lineups today as confirmed by St.James:

Tatar-Dats-Bert
Nyquist-Z-Alfie
Jurco-Helm-Abby
Miller-Andy-Cleary

Psyched Tats will get a shot on the first line!!

wow lines that actually make sense

#31 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

Here's to another Wings victory, they take it 4-2.

Posted Image

#32 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

There's just no reason for this. C'mon Babs, switch Jurco and Tatar. I'm a fan of Tatar but Jurco's far better in every case!

Jurco hasn't "earned" the top line, Tatar has. Tatar also won the AHL MVP on Jurco's team so I don't where you get this "far better" stuff from.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#33 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Bull. Everyone has been wanting Tatar to get a chance with dats. Now he has it and people complain lol. There is no winning. Tatar is more gritty and fights hard every shift to score, he is perfect for Datsyuks wing, I think he will compliment him quite well.

That's actually an intimidating lineup :) looks like an actual nhl team again.

As I wrote, I'm a fan because of his agressive style. I also said before, already after his first game in Wings uniform, that this kid plays bigger than he is.

But the thing is that he got the chance to play on our top units and he produced nothin but mistakes. The more icetime he got the more mistakes he made. And not just little things, we talk about huge mistakes that cost us goals, if not games. I agree with you that he should get another chance. But first they need to play this young kid from Grand Rapids. He's nearly perfect in every case. No stupid plays, just little mistakes. No bad shifts. Just one bad pass vs. Florida and I'm sure that's what cost him his place in Pav's line.

He played almost perfect from lets say his 2nd or 3rd shift on. Jurco's able to do everything. He's a very fast skater, he shoots the puck well, he makes sick moves, he wins the board battles, he crashes the net, he's strong on the puck und cycles all around the net until he finds his linemates, he distributes the puck and he's even able to make defensive plays against the puck in the own zone.

#34 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,219 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

So who's then backing Jimmy up?

Well it sure sucks for Mrazek not being able to play in the outdoor game because he has to back up Jimmy :/

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 30 December 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#35 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

WIngs score 10 goals, one for each of Dano's busted out teeth. Poor baby!

http://www.mlive.com...eary_loses.html

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#36 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

Poor guy. Glad he isn't missing any time. I thought he has been much better as of late. Can't complain having a player like him in the bottom 6.

#37 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

When Cleary loses a tooth, an angel gets its Wings.

Seriously, OUCH!  I can't even imagine them being half knocked out and the nerves exposed and all that. 

#38 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Remember Steve Duchesne losing all his front chiclets in the Cup finals playoffs in 2002?  He cleaned up his face shield and was back out for the next shift.  Hockey players are not made of the same stuff as mere mortals...

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#39 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

I got home from work, blew the froth off a couple brews and have been watching episodes 1-3 of the 24/7 series.

As much as everyones seemingly hated it, i really enjoy it. In my few short years as a diehard wings fan, ive never gotten anywhere near as close to the team i love as i have with this series. And ill continue to appreciate it for what it is.

Even being able to watch/get to know the leafs players has gotten them growing on me as a team to follow (that Lupul's pretty damn good!)

Anyways, as the buzz grows along with my anticipation for tonights win, yes calling a WIN, i can only hope the boys carry some sort of momentum into the WC.

Such a good time of the year to be a wings fan.
In the words of literally every player on seemngly every team, "f***IN RIGHT BOYS!" LETS GO WINGS!

#40 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Remember Steve Duchesne losing all his front chiclets in the Cup finals playoffs in 2002?  He cleaned up his face shield and was back out for the next shift.  Hockey players are not made of the same stuff as mere mortals...

Whatevs, I got a really wicked papercut today in the office and it was a doozie.  It smarted for at least two minutes!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."