Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

12/30 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Predators 6

Rate this topic

D pairs are per Khan:

Kronner-Smitty

Deke-quincey

Lashoff-Kindl

Interesting to say the least, smitty is not a top d man but him and quinceys inability to play together leaves us with this. Hoping for the best.

I like these pairings. They seem to have a lot more balance in each pairing. Would love to see it like this when E comes back, except move Smith down to play with Deke, and keep the top pairing as it has always been

Little problem with that theory..

11/19/13 - In his FIFTH NHL appearance, Marek Mazanec stopped all 27 shots he faced for his first NHL shutout to lead the Nashville Predators to a 2-0 win against the Red Wings.

Nothing's a given.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013020316

Just an expert tweet on the bleacherreport wings feed stating that "if all goes well for howard tonight, he'll get the start in the WC"

Heres to hoping we stomp the preds.

I honestly think we will win tonight. we have most of our team back, should be able to score 4 and hopefully only give up 1-2. Also Rinne isnt in net so we should be able to captitalize.

Bull. Everyone has been wanting Tatar to get a chance with dats. Now he has it and people complain lol. There is no winning. Tatar is more gritty and fights hard every shift to score, he is perfect for Datsyuks wing, I think he will compliment him quite well.

That's actually an intimidating lineup :) looks like an actual nhl team again.

As I wrote, I'm a fan because of his agressive style. I also said before, already after his first game in Wings uniform, that this kid plays bigger than he is.

But the thing is that he got the chance to play on our top units and he produced nothin but mistakes. The more icetime he got the more mistakes he made. And not just little things, we talk about huge mistakes that cost us goals, if not games. I agree with you that he should get another chance. But first they need to play this young kid from Grand Rapids. He's nearly perfect in every case. No stupid plays, just little mistakes. No bad shifts. Just one bad pass vs. Florida and I'm sure that's what cost him his place in Pav's line.

He played almost perfect from lets say his 2nd or 3rd shift on. Jurco's able to do everything. He's a very fast skater, he shoots the puck well, he makes sick moves, he wins the board battles, he crashes the net, he's strong on the puck und cycles all around the net until he finds his linemates, he distributes the puck and he's even able to make defensive plays against the puck in the own zone.

WIngs score 10 goals, one for each of Dano's busted out teeth. Poor baby!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/12/red_wings_daniel_cleary_loses.html

Poor guy. Glad he isn't missing any time. I thought he has been much better as of late. Can't complain having a player like him in the bottom 6.

WIngs score 10 goals, one for each of Dano's busted out teeth. Poor baby!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/12/red_wings_daniel_cleary_loses.html

When Cleary loses a tooth, an angel gets its Wings.

Seriously, OUCH! I can't even imagine them being half knocked out and the nerves exposed and all that.

Remember Steve Duchesne losing all his front chiclets in the Cup finals playoffs in 2002? He cleaned up his face shield and was back out for the next shift. Hockey players are not made of the same stuff as mere mortals...

I got home from work, blew the froth off a couple brews and have been watching episodes 1-3 of the 24/7 series.

As much as everyones seemingly hated it, i really enjoy it. In my few short years as a diehard wings fan, ive never gotten anywhere near as close to the team i love as i have with this series. And ill continue to appreciate it for what it is.

Even being able to watch/get to know the leafs players has gotten them growing on me as a team to follow (that Lupul's pretty damn good!)

Anyways, as the buzz grows along with my anticipation for tonights win, yes calling a WIN, i can only hope the boys carry some sort of momentum into the WC.

Such a good time of the year to be a wings fan.

In the words of literally every player on seemngly every team, "f***IN RIGHT BOYS!" LETS GO WINGS!

Remember Steve Duchesne losing all his front chiclets in the Cup finals playoffs in 2002? He cleaned up his face shield and was back out for the next shift. Hockey players are not made of the same stuff as mere mortals...

Whatevs, I got a really wicked papercut today in the office and it was a doozie. It smarted for at least two minutes!

Whatevs, I got a really wicked papercut today in the office and it was a doozie. It smarted for at least two minutes!

What the hell are you doing here then, shouldn't you be in the hospital and prepping for your IR stint?! :lol:

Need this win tonight boys, let's get it done and go into the Winter Classic on a two game win streak.

Wings win 6-2 GO RED WINGS!!

I've got the 15 year Macallan Fine Oak ready to go. Are the scotch drinkers doing a round for the start of the third again or do we want to hit it earlier?

You and whoever else will have to take my drams tonight--only have wine in the house. Better start early just in case!

LGW!