• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#461 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Damn, I wish Jimmy could figure out what is vexing him and get back on track.

Mo Money Mo Problems.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#462 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

What happens when you put together a bad year from Jimmy Howard and missing time with an injury? You get the abomination we all had the privilege of watching tonight.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#463 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

I agree on this one I love  Howie but he deserves to  valet park for everyone  for the WC after that terrible game Mrzaek to bench Gus to start

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#464 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just saw the "highlights" Damn, I wish Jimmy could figure out what is vexing him and get back on track. Not as much help from the D as there has been in the past.

You can't blame this one the D. Just can't. The worst defensive breakdown was probably on the 4th goal and that was a rather weak shot along the ice, one that most goalies in the NHL excel at stopping. Gustavsson for example is great at taking away the bottom of the net. It somehow got under Howie though. 

Then there were a couple of unscreened wrist shots. At least 1 or 2 HAVE to be stopped by a #1 goalie. 

The Classic could get ugly if Howard is indeed starting. 

#465 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

And this is why I can't stand Babcock.

Babs likes to take 'the more you struggle, the more I'm gonna play you' approach, and hey, who can argue with the results? just ask Cleary and Quincey, living proof of a system that works!

#466 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

What happens when you put together a bad year from Jimmy Howard and missing time with an injury? You get the abomination we all had the privilege of watching tonight.

At least they scored four goals.  It could have been worse, as we have seen this season. 

They just can't really seem to put together the "we've figured out how to put the puck in the net" days with the "we've figured out how to stop the puck" days.  They have, however, figured out how to do neither on occasion.

#467 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

I guess it's this for WC ... right?   Please Babs ... no fooling around.  

#468 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

I still think this team has what it takes to go deep if they get this stupid 24/7 thing out of their heads and focus on  wins but they also are all thinking about the Olympics I think this has a lot to do with it im not making excuses but this plus the injuries this year are stopping this team from having any chemistry the  need to start over on the 1st different year different aspect

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#469 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Ive been one of the biggest Howard defenders on here this year. Tonight is the first night I can honestly say there is no defending his play. Giving up 5 goals to one of the worst offensive teams in the league. 3 goals you would expect a junior goalie to be able to handle with ease. Sickening.

#470 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

I think Babcock is trying to get fired and ditch this sinking ship

#471 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

At least they scored four goals.  It could have been worse, as we have seen this season. 

They just can't really seem to put together the "we've figured out how to put the puck in the net" days with the "we've figured out how to stop the puck" days.  They have, however, figured out how to do neither on occasion.

I actually think scoring 4 goals made the loss worse.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#472 PuckY18

PuckY18

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

Jesus, it's as if because you're on the internet it's accepted to act like a ten year old imbecile. It's a constant bitchfest on just about everyone's part, where people wake up each day and decide to express their daily whims(few of which hold any sense). The only thing that is a bigger mess than this team right now is this board. It sounds like a majority of you look at the previous page and see everyone bashing on a given subject so you do it too because it's the cool thing to do.

What an impulsive bunch. Howard's not some second year tweener with no track record. He's 29 years old on his fifth season in the nhl. He's stood on his head and performed among the leagues top goalies year after year. Took the team team to the playoffs, on a major account of his consistent play. Way to not overreact everyone.

But you're right, sit him for the season, and see if he can come back next year.

#473 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

quote name="PuckY18" post="2469026" timestamp="1388464619"]
Jesus, it's as if because you're on the internet it's accepted to act like a ten year old imbecile. It's a constant bitchfest on just about everyone's part, where people wake up each day and decide to express their daily whims(few of which hold any sense). The only thing is a bigger mess than this team right now is this board. It sounds like a majority of you look at the previous page and see everyone bashing on a given subject so you do it too because it's the cool thing to do.

What an impulsive bunch. Howard's not some second year tweener with no track record. He's 29 years old on his fifth season in the nhl. He's stood on his head and performed among the leagues top goalies year after year. Took the team team to the playoffs, on a major account of his consistent play. Way to not overreact everyone.

But you're right, sit him for the season, and see if he can come back next year.[/quote]

What the hell are you talking about? Howard was bad today he was the reason we lost the game seeing that does not make one an imbecile. I'm a big Howard fan and have been for years, but that doesn't mean I'm going to live in denial about the quality of his play. I by no means want to bench him for the season but I have no problem admitting how bad he has played. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I'm going to bury my head in the sand. Anyway, that's my perspective everybody is entitled to their own.

Edited by wings87, 30 December 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#474 PuckY18

PuckY18

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

Jesus, it's as if because you're on the internet it's accepted to act like a ten year old imbecile. It's a constant bitchfest on just about everyone's part, where people wake up each day and decide to express their daily whims(few of which hold any sense). The only thing that is a bigger mess than this team right now is this board. It sounds like a majority of you look at the previous page and see everyone bashing on a given subject so you do it too because it's the cool thing to do.

But you're right, sit him for the season, and see if he can come back next year.

And Howard didn't play good today; Babcock said so himself. Have a little faith in something though. Playing him Wednesday in a premier game like this is the right choice, because he's the number 1 coming off an injury. If I would count on any goalie in the league to come out of a funk like this it'd be Howard, because he's shown such consistency.

#475 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

I think Babcock is trying to get fired and ditch this sinking ship

And now you've begun exaggerating.

#476 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

I actually think scoring 4 goals made the loss worse.

So... you would have preferred that the team just suck it up on all fronts?  It is worse that they were actually capable of generating offense, albeit in a losing effort due to terrible goal tending... that's worse than it would have been if they had gotten shut out 5-0 or 6-0?  I do not agree or I misunderstand your point of view.  Please explain.

#477 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

Nothing worse than people that complain about people complaining

#478 PuckY18

PuckY18

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

About people complaining

#479 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:31 AM

The Wings lose. We complain. One of us complains about our complaining. Banality ensues. Babs promotes Cleary to the first line.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#480 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

So... you would have preferred that the team just suck it up on all fronts?  It is worse that they were actually capable of generating offense, albeit in a losing effort due to terrible goal tending... that's worse than it would have been if they had gotten shut out 5-0 or 6-0?  I do not agree or I misunderstand your point of view.  Please explain.

I think I get where he's coming from. It's the sheer facepalmness of it all. We're down 3-1, looks like it's going to be twelve games before we score another goal. "Man," we think, "if only we could score three goals in this here third period. Wouldn't that be something?" Dats gets us off to a great start, our offense comes alive in the third period...and we lose, 6-4. *palmface*

Don't Toews me, bro!