• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Howard on U.S. Olympic Roster

Rate this topic

It's Wyshynski quoting St. James, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

I don't think Howard played as badly as some around here, but if he is selected it sure wasn't based on this season's play. Honestly I'd just as soon he's home getting a break and they send someone who played well this season like Bishop to be the third goaltender.

Miller has actually been outstanding on a putrid team. Having a save percentage near .930 and a GAA of less than 3 on a team that gives up 75 shots a game is a minor miracle. He also almost carried them to gold in 2010. I will be stunned if he is not the starter considering how mediocre and injured Quick has been. Add me to the surprised that Howie made it camp but kudos nonetheless.

Edited by hankzet40

Kind of the best of both worlds- he gets the honour and experience, but he probably won't be playing in games. He'll keep in shape practice-wise, but hopefully won't get injured. (knocking wood as I speak)

Like everyone else here ... i must say, pleasantly surprised. I have to think the pickins are slim. Guess Thomas didn't make the cut :lol: ... comeback didn't quite impress.

Good in another way, I'm Canadian :cool: ... if there was ever a time I wouldn't mind if JH performed badly, it'd be at Sochi.

And if US plays Sweden ... that'd be interesting, wouldn't it?

Edited by RedWingsRox

Sorry to my Yankee friends out there but this years version of Jimmy Howard shouldn't even be allowed to work the door on the bench. There are better playing goalies out there that should be in before him and it may do Jimmy alot more good to stay home and live with Jim Bedard for the next few weeks to put him back together.... I knew there would be rust last night but the first shot on goal from near the blueline? Really? Follow by 2 more just the same? Thats not rust... it's loss of vision maybe? Played without his contacts on possibly? No doubt Jimmy will bounce his way back but the way his is playing right now, I would not want him on the Olympic team if I were from 'Merca

Edited by The Secret