:P

:lol:

#22 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

I wonder if Ryan is actually grey too or if he dyes.  Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

(And if you remember that commercial, you're old.)

I think (barring injury) it'll be Miller- Quick- Howard. 

#23 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

Like everyone else here ... i must say, pleasantly surprised.  I have to think the pickins are slim.  Guess Thomas didn't make the cut  :lol: ... comeback didn't quite impress.  

Good in another way, I'm Canadian  :cool: ... if there was ever a time I wouldn't mind if JH performed badly, it'd be at Sochi.  

And if US plays Sweden ... that'd be interesting, wouldn't it?  

Edited by RedWingsRox, 30 December 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#24 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Before the season started I though Jimmy was a lock to make the team. Yeah, he's had a bad year but not having good team defense made protecting the net a much bigger chore.  

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#25 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

Sorry to my Yankee friends out there but this years version of Jimmy Howard shouldn't even be allowed to work the door on the bench. There are better playing goalies out there that should be in before him and it may do Jimmy alot more good to stay home and live with Jim Bedard for the next few weeks to put him back together.... I knew there would be rust last night but the first shot on goal from near the blueline? Really? Follow by 2 more just the same? Thats not rust... it's loss of vision maybe? Played without his contacts on possibly? No doubt Jimmy will bounce his way back but the way his is playing right now, I would not want him on the Olympic team if I were from 'Merca

Edited by The Secret, 31 December 2013 - 09:12 AM.

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

Like everyone else here ... i must say, pleasantly surprised.  I have to think the pickins are slim.  Guess Thomas didn't make the cut  :lol: ... comeback didn't quite impress.  

Good in another way, I'm Canadian  :cool: ... if there was ever a time I wouldn't mind if JH performed badly, it'd be at Sochi.  

And if US plays Sweden ... that'd be interesting, wouldn't it?  

Well unfortunately for you and our cousins up north, Ryan Miller is playing out of his mind right now so prepare to get another taste of that same old medicine from 2010. 

Here's hoping our boys stand tall this time around.  Though I'm a little worried about the team now that Poile is the GM.  Burke put together a hell of a team four years ago.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#27 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

Wow. He shouldn't be on that team. I might even take Schneider over him on the team right now. What about Ben Bishop? Is he not a top goalie this year? He is a finalist for the Vezina at this point. 

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Shoot-outs & Franzen

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#28 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

He should say thanks but no thanks and get his s*** together for the team that signs his pay checks.

#29 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Confirmed!

Howard will play at Sotchi!

#30 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

How in the world does Oprik and Martin make team USA over Yandle and Erik Johnson... NO Bobby Ryan what the heck.

#31 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Confirmed!

Howard will sit in the pressbox at Sotchi!

Fixed.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#32 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Gave Jimmy a 50/50 shot at making the team with his numbers this year. In reality they got the goalies right. Miller, Quick, and Howard are the best 3 American netminders right now. There are some quite questionable other players on the roster. Jimmy is clearly #3 and Ive seen some say they wish he wouldnt have really made it because of that. I disagree. I think it can be a good thing for Howard. Had he not made he basically gets 3-4 weeks off. Sure the Wings will practice but it will be nothing like the US practices he will be involved. The fact that there is "always a chance" some fluke things happen and he will have to man the net will make him work harder and hopefully find his game more than vacation practices could have. He doesnt need extra rest. He needs games and intense practices to find his game.

Edited by GoalieManPat, 01 January 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

How in the world does Oprik and Martin make team USA over Yandle and Erik Johnson... NO Bobby Ryan what the heck.

Wasn't Orpik murdered last month?  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

USA takes guys like Orpik over guys like buff cause of track records and were not trying to run and gun with the best, we're trying to shut them down.
USA takes guys like Orpik over guys like buff cause of track records and were not trying to run and gun with the best, we're trying to shut them down.

#35 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Gave Jimmy a 50/50 shot at making the team with his numbers this year. In reality they got the goalies right. Miller, Quick, and Howard are the best 3 American netminders right now. There are some quite questionable other players on the roster. Jimmy is clearly #3 and Ive seen some say they wish he wouldnt have really made it because of that. I disagree. I think it can be a good thing for Howard. Had he not made he basically gets 3-4 weeks off. Sure the Wings will practice but it will be nothing like the US practices he will be involved. The fact that there is "always a chance" some fluke things happen and he will have to man the net will make him work harder and hopefully find his game more than vacation practices could have. He doesnt need extra rest. He needs games and intense practices to find his game.

Bishop should go over Howard

#36 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

I don't think bishop should... Howard isn't just going for his performance this year, they also pick for the future years and the experience, bishop has player what 3-4 months of good hockey, Howard 3 years... Miller won't be around next year which could leave a tandem of Howard and Quick which I believe they are confident in when both are at the top of their game... Bishop hasn't even played playoffs has he, and people think he is ready for the drive of the Olympics?

#37 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

I don't think bishop should... Howard isn't just going for his performance this year, they also pick for the future years and the experience, bishop has player what 3-4 months of good hockey, Howard 3 years... Miller won't be around next year which could leave a tandem of Howard and Quick which I believe they are confident in when both are at the top of their game... Bishop hasn't even played playoffs has he, and people think he is ready for the drive of the Olympics?

#38 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Bishop should go over Howard

Howard is more of a proven commodity than Bishop. Bishop has had a strong 4 months to coincide with Howards slump. Bishop hasn't proven that whats hes doing now isnt more than a hot streak. Howard has proven to be able to carry a team. If s*** hits the fan for team USA they want someone whos proven he can take a team on his back over a guy whos really only playing consistently strong hockey for the first time in his career.

#39 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Let's keep in mind this is about the 3rd string goalie. So basically someone who will sit on the bench if even that for most of the games. Going with an experienced one is way better than going with someone, who has been hot for a few months because the guy needs to come in super cold and be at least servicable not an easy job far from it.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#40 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Congrats to Jimmy!  I, for one (apparently!  LOL~) am very proud of him.   It's likely he will not see any ice time, but if needed, he will rise to the occasion. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever