• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BottleOfSmoke

Alumni Game Lineup / Leafs @ Wings Alumni NBCS and CBC 1pm

Rate this topic

It;s understandable though. You could see him walking/skating today and you can tell his leg bothering him. It was amazing to see him in red and white again, and I will never fault him for not taking a go in the shootout. We have Homer for that anyway :lol:

It was his feet that were hurting not his leg.

is it to late to snag the perfect human and Raf back?

If we got them back and in game shape, and then had Kronner/Ericsson, Smith/DeKeyser rounding out our bottom pairs. With the forwards we have, there would be no stopping the Wings en route to the cup. Better than the 2008 squad IMO

If we got them back and in game shape, and then had Kronner/Ericsson, Smith/DeKeyser rounding out our bottom pairs. With the forwards we have, there would be no stopping the Wings en route to the cup. Better than the 2008 squad IMO

Can't be better, YZERMAN was part of that team.

Really wish Stevie would've been on the ice when the Leads had an empty net. For gis last game in a Wings sweater I wish he could've gone out with a goal, considering the way the team went out in 06. But I guess the game wasn't about Steve, but about all of the greats.

Bummed I missed the second half (damn New Years celebration) but what I saw was awesome. What a lineup of greats. Lidstrom, Raffi and Fedorov look like they could step right back into the NHL. I thought Shanahan looked really good too. Yzerman did seem rusty but it was awesome just to see him in a Wings jersey again.

And how good was that Redmond assist to Feds??? From his skate to his stick and perfectly on #91's blade. That's the kind of stuff that make these alumni games worth watching!

Edited by dat's sick

Guys

GUYS

What an awesome game! Tears were shed, asses were frozen off, and a good time was had by all. I wept openly along with everyone else in my section when Vladdy came out. There were NO boos for Fed, and he got some of the biggest screams after Stevie and Lids.

Stevie. What can I say? He looked so HAPPY. They kept showing him on the jumbotron during warm ups and he always had a s*** eating grin on his face. He is my Captain and will never be replaced.

Sergei. I almost flung myself out of my seat. I would still marry him today if he asked :lol: he definitely looks like he could still play and still has that "specialness" that naturally talented people have.

Everything combined to make it a perfect game but we all almost died from the nostalgia. It was a really special time to be a Wings fan, and I'm glad I got to experience it!

Edit: and I rode the elevator with Ken Kal!

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

curious, why no Mats Sundin?

did they keep stats on this game?

Kind of surprised that NHL would let some play with no helmet.

sundin said something about knee surgery i think?

and this game went by old rules. i noticed that during an icing. even shanny said: old players, old rules