• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#221 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Such an amazing time watching that. Probably the most fun I have ever had watching a game. So many emotions coming back. The only thing that could have made it any better would be seeing Stevie in the shootout. My guess is that Scotty asked him, and he turned it down.

But hold crap when did Homer learn those moves?

I think Shanny was motioning towards him too like really Steve? You sure? I'm not surprised, Steves modest to a fault sometimes but that's why we love him.

#222 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Awesome stuff, I'm happy to get to see Stevie on skates for maybe the last time. He didn't look too hot out there but it was still Stevie (I believe him when he says he hasn't skated since he retired). :tounge2: Sergei on the other hand still looks NHL caliber. Him and Slava skated circles around people out there. Mickey looked great too!

Actually Stevie did say in an interview after the first period it gave him the "itch" to play again.

Awesome stuff, I'm happy to get to see Stevie on skates for maybe the last time. He didn't look too hot out there but it was still Stevie (I believe him when he says he hasn't skated since he retired). :tounge2: Sergei on the other hand still looks NHL caliber. Him and Slava skated circles around people out there. Mickey looked great too!

Actually Stevie did say in an interview after the first period it gave him the "itch" to play again.

#223 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:15 PM

That was thoroughly enjoyable. It was great to see the players I grew up watching reunited. So much history on the ice for both teams. Hopefully the return of Fedorov paves the way for the eventual retirement of 91. Seeing the Russian 5 reunited was a wonderful moment, and the screen blurred a bit. My wife even commented on how nice it was to include Konstantinov, as well as the respect given to Howe and Lindsay.

Part of me wishes they had done a 24/7-type thing with the alums.

Edited by TheXym, 31 December 2013 - 06:16 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#224 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

I think Shanny was motioning towards him too like really Steve? You sure? I'm not surprised, Steves modest to a fault sometimes but that's why we love him.

It;s understandable though. You could see him walking/skating today and you can tell his leg bothering him. It was amazing to see him in red and white again, and I will never fault him for not taking a go in the shootout. We have Homer for that anyway  :lol:

#225 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Lidstrom and Rafalski look amazing still

They really do

#226 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

It;s understandable though. You could see him walking/skating today and you can tell his leg bothering him. It was amazing to see him in red and white again, and I will never fault him for not taking a go in the shootout. We have Homer for that anyway  :lol:

It was his feet that were hurting not his leg.

#227 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Watching these players was priceless... I felt like a child...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#228 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

totally feel good game ... what a tradition!

you can tell that the players were having a great time with each other.  special comaderie ... 

Edited by RedWingsRox, 31 December 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#229 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

is it to late to snag the perfect human and Raf back?

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#230 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Homer has always been clutch for us!

#231 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Anyone else surprised that they didn't call back Holmstrom shootout goal. He was clearly in the crease.

#232 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,227 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:30 PM

I was telling everyone that if were to go to any of these games it would have been the Alumni not the WC.

#233 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

830981556.gif?1388526293

#234 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

is it to late to snag the perfect human and Raf back?

If we got them back and in game shape, and then had Kronner/Ericsson, Smith/DeKeyser rounding out our bottom pairs. With the forwards we have, there would be no stopping the Wings en route to the cup. Better than the 2008 squad IMO

#235 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

If we got them back and in game shape, and then had Kronner/Ericsson, Smith/DeKeyser rounding out our bottom pairs. With the forwards we have, there would be no stopping the Wings en route to the cup. Better than the 2008 squad IMO

Can't be better, YZERMAN was part of that team.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#236 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Would of been a perfect ending if Yzerman got the game winning SO goal. :(

Posted Image

#237 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

Dont forget Quincey now...

#238 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:54 PM

Can't be better, YZERMAN was part of that team.

Yzerman was not part of the 2008 squad. he was in wings upper management at the time

Dont forget Quincey now...

Quincey would be long gone if Lids and Raffi came back lol

#239 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Really wish Stevie would've been on the ice when the Leads had an empty net. For gis last game in a Wings sweater I wish he could've gone out with a goal, considering the way the team went out in 06. But I guess the game wasn't about Steve, but about all of the greats.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#240 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

I'm bummed I missed it. I'll have to scour youtube until I can find some bits and pieces. Might be hard to find the full game