• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BottleOfSmoke

Alumni Game Lineup / Leafs @ Wings Alumni NBCS and CBC 1pm

Rate this topic

I gotta admit, I thought the alumni game would be sorta fun to watch but not that big of a deal. But I found myself smiling the whole time, especially seeing Stevie out there with Fedorov and Shanny.

Dats and Z are great, but those are the guys I grew up watching. Yzerman especially.

Woohoo! That was such a sweet game! My favorite part was the Micky to Feds goal. Where did Ozzie go? lol. Legace really bailed him out!

Halfway through the game, shanahan reviewed the save Ozzie didn't make and decided it was an illegal elbow targeted at the head of the crease and suspended him for two days from red wings alumni functions..

His frequent curse words earned him the second day.

Edit.

Correcting nonsense.

I'm about 1.5 sheets to the wind.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Man was that fun to watch. No pressure watching a "real" Wings game and to see so many legends was just enjoyable.

Also and sorry to be a pest but if anyone has the Wings introductions for the second alumni game link would you pass it along to me here or via a PM

Such an amazing time watching that. Probably the most fun I have ever had watching a game. So many emotions coming back. The only thing that could have made it any better would be seeing Stevie in the shootout. My guess is that Scotty asked him, and he turned it down.

But hold crap when did Homer learn those moves?

What a blast. I love how it started off casual, but by the end it looked like they were really trying. Lots of holding, hooking, even some light checking.

Kind of miffed Scott played Lidstrom over Yzerman in the shootout. I can accept Homer, it's just poetic considering his relationship with Bowman. But Yzerman really needed to get the last shift or a shootout.

Awesome stuff, I'm happy to get to see Stevie on skates for maybe the last time. He didn't look too hot out there but it was still Stevie (I believe him when he says he hasn't skated since he retired). :tounge2: Sergei on the other hand still looks NHL caliber. Him and Slava skated circles around people out there. Mickey looked great too!

Man was that fun to watch. No pressure watching a "real" Wings game and to see so many legends was just enjoyable.

Also and sorry to be a pest but if anyone has the Wings introductions for the second alumni game link would you pass it along to me here or via a PM

try youtube, maybe? If I find something (like a replay of the whole thing), I will PM you.

Such an amazing time watching that. Probably the most fun I have ever had watching a game. So many emotions coming back. The only thing that could have made it any better would be seeing Stevie in the shootout. My guess is that Scotty asked him, and he turned it down.

But hold crap when did Homer learn those moves?

I think Shanny was motioning towards him too like really Steve? You sure? I'm not surprised, Steves modest to a fault sometimes but that's why we love him.

Awesome stuff, I'm happy to get to see Stevie on skates for maybe the last time. He didn't look too hot out there but it was still Stevie (I believe him when he says he hasn't skated since he retired). :tounge2: Sergei on the other hand still looks NHL caliber. Him and Slava skated circles around people out there. Mickey looked great too!

Actually Stevie did say in an interview after the first period it gave him the "itch" to play again.

Actually Stevie did say in an interview after the first period it gave him the "itch" to play again.

That was thoroughly enjoyable. It was great to see the players I grew up watching reunited. So much history on the ice for both teams. Hopefully the return of Fedorov paves the way for the eventual retirement of 91. Seeing the Russian 5 reunited was a wonderful moment, and the screen blurred a bit. My wife even commented on how nice it was to include Konstantinov, as well as the respect given to Howe and Lindsay.

Part of me wishes they had done a 24/7-type thing with the alums.

Edited by TheXym

I think Shanny was motioning towards him too like really Steve? You sure? I'm not surprised, Steves modest to a fault sometimes but that's why we love him.

It;s understandable though. You could see him walking/skating today and you can tell his leg bothering him. It was amazing to see him in red and white again, and I will never fault him for not taking a go in the shootout. We have Homer for that anyway :lol: