• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

Leaders of Tomorrow

Rate this topic

Who are the 3 players you think that have the best chance to become Captain or Alternates on the Red Wings?

Smith

Nyquist

Tatar

DeKeyser

Jurco

Sheahan

Ferraro

Almquist

Sproul

Oulette

Marchenko

Jensen

Pulkkinen

Jarnkrok

Glendening

Frk

Mantha

My choice:

C - DeKeyser

A- Nyquist

A - Sproul

Hard to say which have leadership ability considering pretty much none of them have ever played an NHL game. Of those you mentioned probably Danny D as captain, and whoever else after that. But realistically the next leadership group is likely to have Helm, Abby, and maybe Ericsson leading the way.

Edited by kipwinger

DeKe for sure. He does seem to have a good head on his shoulders.

I honestly don't know enough about the others to be sure. The few that have been up have only been up for a few games, or don't appear to have what it takes yet.

They're still young. Some won't end up here, of course, and others will mature well.

There really aren't ones like Hank and Pavel who we knew would be the next generation of leaders, but at this point, I'm not worried. As Kip said, there are enough in between to pass the torch to before these guys get it.

The only one I'm really out-of-my-mind high on is Dekeyser. Now that I've said that, he'll probably have a bad sophomore season next year (I'm not counting last year as a season for this purpose) and he'll be like Ericsson where we have to be patient as everyone dumps on him.

I'm interested to know what the people who follow the Griffins think.

I see Deke and Nyquist wearing the A at some point. Can't say who wears the C at this point. Hopefully a young Centre will emerge as a top player who can complete the trio (maybe Jarnkrok but I don't see much leadership from him yet in AHL).

Edited by dirtydangles

As someone else said during XO Manowar's NHL appearance, with Ouellet's initials of XO, an A on the jersey could be appropriate.

DeKeyser will definitely have an A at some point, possibly the C.