• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/1 Winter Classic 2014 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

Cleary has been playing fantastic in this game. Not sure what you are watching.

Cleary's been on his back for most of the game. He had a couple of decent chances down by the net, and he's certainly trying, but he hasn't been good outside of one or two decent chances down by the goalposts that didn't go anywhere that I've noticed.

We've been outplaying them but we're not getting power plays? I thought that's how it worked?

esteef

It should, but the refs let the Leafs get away with constant little hooks and holds the first 2 periods

You should be making a killing with sports betting, seeing as you know the results before it happens.

well, I do. In a game like this will matters way more than pseudo domination and shots from the perimeter. It was fun to see that most betting agencies were in favor of the Red Wings. Good for me.

The same one as always, where Hammerhands can't bury it even when it's on a platter for him.

When was it on a platter for him exactly? Dats had a great setup from Z and couldn't bury it either.

This has probably been Cleary's best game of the year and he's outplayed several more talented forwards on the team. People complaining about him today only shows how little it has to do with what actually happens on the ice.

Cleary has a good game and gets several great chances and now he even gets grief for that. It's hilarious.

No, it's because he is the chosen whipping boy and people will find a reason to bash him no matter what.

No, it's cause Dats gave him a beauty pass from the corner and he couldn't bury it, Nyquist gave him a nice pass from behind the net and he whiffed on it cause he was leaning on his stick to avoid falling as usual and then the stretch pass from DeKeyser where he couldn't bury it cause Bernier knew he'd go 5 hole cause he can't raise the puck. It's not very hard to find examples of his suck. He shouldn't have been signed in the first place to have as a whipping boy.

When was it on a platter for him exactly? Dats had a great setup from Z and couldn't bury it either.

This has probably been Cleary's best game of the year and he's outplayed several more talented forwards on the team. People complaining about him today only shows how little it has to do with what actually happens on the ice.

Cleary has a good game and gets several great chances and now he even gets grief for that. It's hilarious.

Post 416. 3 examples.

Nobody's blaming Cleary for being behind in the game. He's been largely a non-factor. But you're saying he's played a great game. I just can't agree. It's sort of like in the playoffs last year. He had stats but I never really considered him to be a factor. He's the beneficiary more than the guy who makes things happen out there.

He hasn't been a disaster this game, but I can only say he's been "great" if I'm using a different set of standards. Maybe a great Cleary game. But not great by the standards we hold everyone else to.