• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/1 Winter Classic 2014 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

The Leafs just picked up Gleason for Liles and a prospect.

Edited by Crymson

By this logic Datsyuk must suck to because he was stopped on a glorious chance as well

No. Dats buries lots. Cleary just made a nice pass to Miller though I'll give him that. Back to the last part though, Dats has over 30 points this year. Cleary has 3 goals, 3 assists, -7 with basically the same ice time as Dats and Z. I'm done with Cleary.

Post 416. 3 examples.

Right. And they're all garbage. It's 15 degrees out and snowing, but Cleary is somehow held to a higher standard than other forwards on this team?

Datsyuk, Tatar, Zetterberg, and Nyquist have all had great chances they didn't bury either. And they have a lot better hands than Cleary.

It's hilarious that even when half the team is invisible out there, Cleary gets flack for playing well and getting scoring chances. If it were anyone else people would be talking about how he's been buzzing today and hopefully will bury one.

No. Dats buries lots. Cleary just made a nice pass to Miller though I'll give him that. Back to the last part though, Dats has over 30 points this year. Cleary has 3 goals, 3 assists, -7 with basically the same ice time as Dats and Z. I'm done with Cleary.

Exactly.

It has nothing to do with how he's played today. He's been great.

Right. And they're all garbage. It's 15 degrees out and snowing, but Cleary is somehow held to a higher standard than other forwards on this team?

Datsyuk, Tatar, Zetterberg, and Nyquist have all had great chances they didn't bury either. And they have a lot better hands than Cleary.

It's hilarious that even when half the team is invisible out there, Cleary gets flack for playing well and getting scoring chances. If it were anyone else people would be talking about how he's been buzzing today and hopefully will bury one.

Maybe cause he shouldn't be on the team anyways. He's the reason that Nyquist and his larger skill set started in GR this year. Cleary WILL be the whipping boy all year cause he should have been the odd man out cause it's a business and you're supposed to win.

Where do you get your stats from? Cleary averages almost half the time as Dats and Z. (20-21 minutes for Dats and Z as opposed to 13 for Cleary)

But nobody is saying he's costing us the game. Just that you were overstating the case for him, I think. I'm pretty sure two of those chances he had were mere inches from the goalpost. But anyway, let's move beyond mere scoring chances. He's falling down, he's not carrying the puck, he can make short passes, but so can everyone else. I only brought him up because he's out there so freaking much despite contributing very little other than those chances. I just wonder why he's out there in the situations he's been in instead of someone with more talent.

It's the Winter Classic, who knows when we get another one. Does this really need to turn into ANOTHER Cleary bash fest? I mean seriously, can't we just watch and enjoy the game without irrationally nitpicking about a guy who has done nothing to earn grief this entire game?

It would be awesome because it's getting old.