• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/1 Winter Classic 2014 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

Maybe cause he shouldn't be on the team anyways. He's the reason that Nyquist and his larger skill set started in GR this year. Cleary WILL be the whipping boy all year cause he should have been the odd man out cause it's a business and you're supposed to win.

All that anger should be directed at Holland, not Cleary. All Cleary does is bust his ass every game.

All that anger should be directed at Holland, not Cleary. All Cleary does is bust his ass every game.

Or fall on it. I'm not pleased with Holland either. So many NHL ready guys and they can't stay cause of bad signings. Oh well, hopefully Glendening nets the OT winner if he gets on.

But nobody is saying he's costing us the game. Just that you were overstating the case for him, I think. I'm pretty sure two of those chances he had were mere inches from the goalpost. But anyway, let's move beyond mere scoring chances. He's falling down, he's not carrying the puck, he can make short passes, but so can everyone else. I only brought him up because he's out there so freaking much despite contributing very little other than those chances. I just wonder why he's out there in the situations he's been in instead of someone with more talent.

Why does it matter how he looks doing it? Cleary has been one of the best Wings players on the ice today. If people can't even admit that then I'm not sure what to say. That's why he's getting more ice time. Guys like Bertuzzi are invisible but now people are actually bashing Cleary for generating scoring chances.

Honestly there's really nothing to discuss. The Cleary hate has little to do with what happens on the ice. That became extremely obvious in today's game is all.