• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/1 Winter Classic 2014 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

He is this season.

Your logic is poor. You're using a player's form two years ago to make excuses for his current play. Two years makes a big difference in sports.

LOL.

Phaneuf gets the award over Bernier, who was their best player.

Wrong. Talent doesnt abruptly depart.

The negativity in here is mind blowing. Team played fantastic today. If they bring in effort like that every night, they will win a lot more often than not.

The negativity is entirely on Howard's shootout play this season, and in this game particularly.

c'mon that was a piss poor performance in the shootout for jimmy the winning goal was flubbed and still went through a huge hole he left open. he was determined to lose that shootout. once again we lose a game we would have won if gus was in net. but morale victories right

Wrong. Talent doesnt abruptly depart.

Apparently, you haven't been watching sports very long.

It departs all the time. Or some combination of talent and mental play. Players frequently drop off the face of the earth, after playing great the year before.

Is it wrong of me to think they picked Howard for the Olympics in part for the Winter Classic announcement potential?

To be clear I think he played great today up to the shootout, but don't think he really deserved the Olympic nod based on his play this season (plus I'd rather he have the break).

c'mon that was a piss poor performance in the shootout for jimmy the winning goal was flubbed and still went through a huge hole he left open. he was determined to lose that shootout. once again we lose a game we would have won if gus was in net. but morale victories right

Jimmy was great the first 65 minutes. I highly doubt he was determined to lose the shootout, given the stakes and his competitive nature.

It's hard to be upset with the Wings effort today. They were the better team and if they duplicate that in upcoming games, wins will follow.

how bout you stop bitching about howard and how bout the offense? 35+ shots and only 2 goals? howard made the saves to give the team a chance to win. surprised he was as good as he was considering his last game

everyone can't stop bitching about a 4th line winger in Cleary who gets paid very little and hasn't been that bad but we have a goalie that gets paid a lot and can't stop a puck. howard has cost us so many points single handedly but people get mad when we complain about him. babs never gave a f*** about osgood and hasek but this kid jimmy who has never made it out of the second round gets his hand held as he keeps losing game after game

Is it wrong of me to think they picked Howard for the Olympics in part for the Winter Classic announcement potential?

To be clear I think he played great today up to the shootout, but don't think he really deserved the Olympic nod based on his play this season (plus I'd rather he have the break).

Well, he's definitely the 3rd goalie. Don't really see him playing much at all.

If we can out-shoot the competetion 43-26 every night, I'm pretty sure we will win more than we lose. SO aside, I thought Jimmy looked strong tonight.

Reasons we lost

1) Bernier

2) Refs. No misconduct for Lupul, ignored all the Leafs hooking and holding in the first 2 periods when we were outplaying them, bogus call on Kindl

3) Bernier

4) 3 gilt edged chances landing on the stick (or not) of Dan Cleary

5) Bernier

Sure wish Cleary would somehow stop being completely useless. 3 grade A chances completely wasted by him.

Which probably no other player would have gotten. Regarding his abilities Datsyuk for example was nearly invisible out there. Cleary wasn't good so far in this season but in this game he was one of our best. Can't get all the hate today.

Not at all. Based on this years play Bishop should have been the No.2-3. But it's still a long way to go till Feburary and God knows who's in good or bad shape then, so in my opinion Howard is a more save and solid choice over a goalie who played good for just two months. And Howie was good tonight.