• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/1 Winter Classic 2014 GDT: Maple Leafs 3, Red Wings 2 (F/SO)

Rate this topic

Sucking in a askills competition is what it is, anyway Holland wanted answers so far he has gotten a lot of them so hopefuly the off-season marks a huge turnaround for this roster. It is needed.

The arena and crowd was absolutely spectacular and for mer personally the Winterclassic this year is done, it will be extremely hard to top this next year.

Am I the only one pleased with this game? Yes, a win would have been optimal, but the only thing that would have made it better would have been being there. The Wings played a great game, and so did the Leafs. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The crowd was great, it was good hockey going back to its roots. Even the officiating for the most part was good. Whether the whistles were swallowed or frozen, no matter. They played. The game rocked.

The shootout must die, but I have yet to watch a single shootout.

Am I the only one pleased with this game? Yes, a win would have been optimal, but the only thing that would have made it better would have been being there. The Wings played a great game, and so did the Leafs. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The crowd was great, it was good hockey going back to its roots. Even the officiating for the most part was good. Whether the whistles were swallowed or frozen, no matter. They played. The game rocked.

The shootout must die, but I have yet to watch a single shootout.

I'm not saying I'm not pleased with the game, I'm just saying overall Holland is getting more and more answers which is a good thing. The shootout is and always was a skills competition so it can go either way,

Conditions like this are just another statement on how good these guys are, I think I would have had a hard time seeing the puck.

Are people really bashing Howard? He was Detroit's MVP for sure... made a bunch of good saves and didn't have much of a chance on either goal

he pooped himself in the shootout. the winning goal was a flubbed shot and it still went in so pretty much anything directed at the goal was going to go in. i just have no sympathy for howard after that nashville game. gus has been the better goalie all year no reason why howard deserves to be in the net.

Too bad it came down to a skills competition but I still had fun. Although Toronto fans will never let us live this down.

It was cold but manageable. It was colder last night at comerica. I couldn't believe what some people were wearing. Lots of people bailed starting in the first period.

I thought Howard played pretty damn good during the game, just not during the shootout. I don't give the shootout a whole lot of weight in regards to overall performance though.

Also, I thought Tatar was hands down the best player on the ice for either team.....just not during the shootout.

And yeah after each and every loss we have someone to complain but not us. Jimmy sucked big time vs Nashville. He sucked today as well. But this clown will start next time anyway. Today it was Bernier who was a problem, Last game it was not-perfect-execution (in a game lost 4:6). Next game vs Dallas it will be thatf****** Russian junior Nichushkin who will suddently get his gamee going. Or Benn just dominating.

Did you even watch the game? Complaining is one thing but get your facts straight.

Guest Crymson

I'm not saying I'm not pleased with the game, I'm just saying overall Holland is getting more and more answers which is a good thing. The shootout is and always was a skills competition so it can go either way,

Conditions like this are just another statement on how good these guys are, I think I would have had a hard time seeing the puck.

Yes, the answer to missing three key players and nevertheless outplaying an entirely healthy team before losing in a skills competition. What does that tell you?

Edited by Crymson

Both teams played great. Only watched the last three periods. I've got the stomach Flu though up twice today. It's awesome to know that players who haven't played in years for the Red Wings can score Goals and the players we've got can't. Tronto Maple Leafs Goalie played great so did ours. I'm in pain can't rant and such this day like I want to. Thanks Alumni Team winning both games and thanks for getting at least one point yet again Detroit. Were only going to get into the Playoffs this because of the you know Wild Card System.

I just pray they remove the POS-SO skills competition. Yay! Year 'round individual stick and puck! Awesome! Forget all that 65 minutes of team play! I was against it before and nothing will change my mind that the SO is pure garbage. A horrible gimmick that needs to be put down now. Otherwise, the 65 minute game was great!

If all stadiums were like that (108,000,outdoor/indoor) and tickets were 20 dollars, wouldn't they make the same amount of money if charging 50-100 for tickets at the Joe seating 38,000?

im thinking the leafs and wings knew it was coming up and it might be why Z got so close to a breakaway

Right z has never gotten a breakaway before. It doesn't matter how much time is left you don't give someone a breakaway cause the buzzer might go off shortly. That buzzer was unnecessary, completely ruined the flow of overtime

Almost didn't go.. ticket plans fell thru and ended up buying them on the way to Ann Arbor to celebrate new years with my friend the night before and I'm so glad I did.

It was freezing cold and unfortunate that we couldn't get the win but I don't even care, what an incredible experience :)

LGW!

Also nice to follow it up with a rose bowl win. 2014 has been pretty great so far!